Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course will teach you advanced programming practices and techniques that will help you develop Windows Store apps. In this course, you will learn how design and develop Windows Store apps, as well as implement advanced features, such as using location information, streaming media to external devices, and integrating with online services. You will also learn how to use Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and Expression Blend tools.Windows Azure is required or used as part of the lab for this course, which may not be available in all countries. Please check with your Microsoft training provider that this cloud service is available in your area. Training Providers please reference the course setup guide for more details.
- Add animations and transitions in a Windows Store app to improve the user experience.
- Localize the Windows Store app UI.
- Brand the Windows Store app and improve the loading experience with a splash screen.
- Use various storage mechanisms, choose a suitable caching strategy for their Windows Store app, and use advanced file access methods.
- Create custom controls, extend templated controls, and create and consume WinMD components.
- Implement the Print and Settings contracts and the Play To API.
- Work with the Push Notification Service (WNS).
- Capture media with the camera and microphone.
- Create and consume background tasks.
- Discover device capabilities, interact with devices, and act upon sensor data.
- Implement Windows Store trial licensing and in-app purchasing and advertising.
- Understand how to manage Windows authentication and web authentication in Windows Store apps.
- Diagnose problems and monitor application behavior by using tracing and profiling tools and APIs.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Windows Store App Essentials (2 topics)
- Review of Windows Store App Essentials - Presentation
- Review of Windows Store App Essentials and the Windows 8 Ecosystem
Module 2: Implementing Animations and Transitions (2 topics)
- Using Animation
- Working with Transitions and Transformations
Module 3: Implementing Globalization and Localization (2 topics)
- Working with Resource Files
- Implementing Culture-Specific Formatting
Module 4: Branding and a Seamless User Interface (2 topics)
- Customizing the Splash Screen
- Branding the User Interface
Module 5: Advanced Data Scenarios in a Windows Store App (3 topics)
- Windows Store App Storage Options
- Implementing Data Caching
- Advanced File Functionality
Module 6: Creating Reusable Controls and Components (3 topics)
- Creating Custom Controls
- Extending Existing Controls
- Consuming WinMD Components
Module 7: Implementing Advanced Contract Scenarios (2 topics)
- The Print Contract
- The Play To Contract
Module 8: The Windows Push Notification Service (WNS) (2 topics)
- The Push Notification Service (WNS)
- Communicating with the Push Notification Service (WNS)
Module 9: Capturing Media (2 topics)
- Using CameraCaptureUI to Capture Pictures, Videos or Audio
- Using MediaCapture to Capture Pictures, Video, or Audio
Module 10: Background Tasks (2 topics)
- Creating Background Tasks
- Consuming Background Tasks in a Windows Store App
Module 11: Working with Sensors and Devices (2 topics)
- Working with Sensors
- Working with Devices
Module 12: Generating Revenue with your App (3 topics)
- Implementing Trial Functionality in a Windows Store App
- Implement In-App Purchases
- Advertising in a Windows Store App
Module 13: Securing Windows Store App Data (3 topics)
- Managing Windows Authentication
- Managing Web Authentication
- Encryption in Windows Store Apps
Module 14: Tracing and Profiling Windows Store Apps (2 topics)
- Tracing a Windows Store App
- Profiling a Windows Store App
- 6 to 12 months experience programming in HTML5.
- 3 to 6 months experience using Visual Studio 2013 (including experience in using preview builds).
- Minimum one month of experience working on Windows Store apps.
- This course is intended for professional developers who have 1 or more years of experience creating applications for a production environment.