Designing Business Intelligence Solutions with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The course discusses design, installation. the course discusses design, installation, and maintenance of a BI platform.
This course maps to skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-467, and in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help prepare you for the exam.
Note: The Beta version of this course (20467AB) utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machine for the labs. Microsoft SQL Server 2012 SP1 CTP4, Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 Preview, Microsoft Office 2013 Preview, and Microsoft Visio 2013 Preview are used in this course.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Planning a BI Solution (10 topics)
- This modules discusses how to plan the components of a BI solution.
- Elements of a BI Solution
- Planning a BI Project
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Lab : Planning a BI Solution
- Exercise 1: Scoping a BI Solution.
- Exercise 2: Reviewing a Suggested Solution
Module 2: Planning a BI Infrastructure (12 topics)
- This modules explains how to plan an appropriate BI infrastructure for a given set of BI services.
- Planning a Data Warehouse Infrastructure
- Planning an ETL Infrastructure
- Planning Analysis Services Infrastructure
- Planning Reporting Services Infrastructure
- Lab : Planning a BI Infrastructure
- Exercise 1: Determining Required Servers
- Exercise 2: Determining Data Warehouse Server Hardware Requirements
- Exercise 3: Reviewing a Suggested Solution
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse (11 topics)
- This module explain how to design a data warehouse for a given set of user requirements.
- Designing a Logical Schema
- Designing a Physical Schema
- Lab : Designing a Data Warehouse Logical Schema
- Exercise 1: Identifying Required Dimensions
- Exercise 2: Identifying Measures and Hierarchies
- Exercise 3: Designing a Data Warehouse Schema
- Exercise 4: Reviewing a Suggested Solution
Module 4: Designing an ETL Solution (13 topics)
- This module explains how to design an ETL solution for a data warehouse.
- Planning for Data Extraction
- Planning for Data Transformation
- Planning for Data Loading
- Planning for SSIS Package Deployment
- Lab : Designing an ETL Solution
- Exercise 1: Reviewing Data Sources
- Exercise 2: Creating Source-to-Target Maps
- Exercise 3: Planning ETL Processes
- Exercise 4: Reviewing a Suggested Solution
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models (9 topics)
- This module explains how to design analytical data models for specific BI scenarios.
- Options for Analytical Models
- Data Model Design Considerations
- Lab : Comparing Analytical Data Models
- Exercise 1: Creating a Multidimensional Model
- Exercise 2: Creating a Tabular Model
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution (9 topics)
- This module explains how to choose an appropriate delivery solution for a given scenario.
- Considerations for BI Delivery
- Choosing a Delivery Approach
- Lab : Planning a BI Delivery Solution
- Exercise 1: Assessing Reporting Requirements
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services Solution (11 topics)
- This module explains how to design a Reporting Services solution.
- Designing Reports
- Considerations for Report Execution
- Planning a Reporting Solution
- Lab : Designing a Reporting Services Solution
- Exercise 1: Planning a Reporting Services Solution
- Exercise 2: Planning a Report Delivery Environment
- Exercise 3: Configuring Report Execution
Module 8: Designing an Excel-Based Reporting Solution (12 topics)
- This module explains how to design a reporting solution that uses Excel.
- Using Excel for Data Reporting and Analysis
- PowerPivot in Excel
- Power View in Excel
- Lab : Designing an Excel Reporting Solution
- Exercise 1: Planning Excel Features
- Exercise 2: Analyzing a Cube with Excel
- Exercise 3: Using PowerPivot
- Exercise 4: Using Power View
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution (15 topics)
- This module explains how to design a SharePoint BI solution.
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
- Lab : Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Exercise 1: Planning SharePoint Server Security
- Exercise 2: Configuring Reporting Services in SharePoint Server
- Exercise 3: Managing PowerPivot Data Refresh
- Exercise 4: Reviewing PowerPivot Activity
- Exercise 5 (Optional) Creating a PerformancePoint Dashboard
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution (12 topics)
- This module explains how to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Optimizing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
- Lab : Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
- Exercise 1: Monitoring and Optimizing a Data Warehouse
- Exercise 2: Troubleshooting Analysis Services Queries
- Exercise 3: Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Module 11: Planning BI Operations (11 topics)
- This module explains how to plan management and maintenance operations for a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Operations
- Automating ETL Tasks
- Post ETL Tasks
- Planning a Backup Strategy for a BI Solution
- Lab : Planning BI Operations
- Exercise 1: Planning ETL and Processing Tasks
- Exercise 2: Planning a Backup Strategy
Before attending this course, students must have: A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses. The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows. The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services. The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services. The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer. The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services. Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel. Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following courses, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills: M10777: Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 M10778: Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.