M20465: Designing Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server 2014
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The focus of this three-day instructor-led course is on planning and implementing enterprise database infrastructure solutions by using SQL Server 2014 and other Microsoft technologies. It describes how to consolidate SQL Server workloads and how to plan and implement high availability and disaster recovery solutions.
Note: This course is designed for customers who are interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features in SQL Server 2014, but also the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Assess an existing enterprise environment.
- Plan and implement Policy-Based Management.
- Describe the considerations for consolidating workloads with SQL Server 2014.
- Describe considerations for including SQL Server 2014 in a private cloud.
This course is intended for database professionals who need who plan, implement, and manage database solutions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing database infrastructure.
- Planning and implementing consolidation strategies.
- Planning and implementing high availability solutions.
- Planning and implementing disaster recovery solutions.
Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required. The additional screen must have a minimum screen size of 19 inch and minimum resolution of 1280x1024, with the vertical resolution (1024) being the most critical.
This course provides delegates with an additional free-of-charge benefit of 30 days of access to their lab machines after the conclusion of the course, so that they can continue to engage with their study materials and environments
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Enterprise Data Architecture (3 topics)
- Considerations for Enterprise Data
- Assessing an Existing Infrastructure
- Lab: Assessing an Existing Enterprise Data Infrastructure
Multi-Server Configuration Management (3 topics)
- Policy-Based Management
- Microsoft System Center
- Lab: Planning and Implementing Policy-Based Management
Monitoring SQL Server 2014 Health (4 topics)
- Introduction to Health Monitoring
- Data Collector
- SQL Server Utility
- Lab: Monitoring SQL Server Health
Consolidating Database Workloads with SQL Server 2014 (3 topics)
- Considerations for Database Server Consolidation
- Managing Resources in a Consolidated Database Infrastructure
- Lab: SQL Server Consolidation
Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions (3 topics)
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- SQL Server in a Private Cloud
- Lab: Preparing a SQL Server Installation in a Virtual Machine Template
Introduction to High Availability in SQL Server 2014 (3 topics)
- High Availability Concepts and Options in SQL Server 2014
- Log Shipping
- Lab: Using Log Shipping
Clustering with Windows Server and SQL Server 2014 (3 topics)
- Introduction to Windows Server Failover Clustering
- SQL Server AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instances
- Lab: Implementing an AlwaysOn Failover Cluster Instance
AlwaysOn Availability Groups (4 topics)
- Introduction to AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Working with AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Considerations for Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Lab: Implementing and Testing an AlwaysOn Availability Group
Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery (3 topics)
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery with SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions
- Lab: Planning High Availability and Disaster Recovery
Replicating Data (3 topics)
- SQL Server Replication
- Planning Replication
- Lab: Planning and Implementing Replication
At least 2 years' experience of working with relational databases, including:
- Planning and implementing databases
- Managing databases
- Querying with Transact-SQL
- Some basic knowledge of high availability and disaster recovery