Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive overview of the signalling methods used within GSM networks. It would be suitable for engineers who work with GSM networks and need to understand fully the signalling process. It covers all aspects of the signalling process including an in depth analysis of SS7 in GSM networks, the SS7 protocol stack, message units and an analysis of the OSI layers within the GSM network.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the signalling systems used in GSM network
- Understand how SS7 is used
- Understand the SS7 protocol stack
- Understand how the layers of the OSI models are translated at the level of the GSM network
Overview of Signalling (2 topics)
- Overview of signalling within fixed networks
- Overview of signalling between fixed and mobile networks.
Signalling System No. 7 (SS7) (4 topics)
- Out of band signalling
- Signalling points (STP, SSP, SCP)
- Signalling links section (SLS)
- Network addressing
Analysis of SS7 Protocol (2 topics)
- Components of SS7 protocol
- MTP, TCAP, SCCP, TUP, ISUP, MAP and INAP
Message Transfer Part (MTP) (3 topics)
- Addressing systems
- Signal points
Transfer Capabilities Application Part (TCAP) (6 topics)
- Layers of TCAP
- MAP - Types
- How it is used
- Call Control Applications
- TUP, ISUP
Message Units in SS7 (3 topics)
- Fill In Signal Unit (FISU)
- Link Status Signalling Unit (LSSU)
- Message Signalling Units (MSU)
GSM and SS7 (12 topics)
- How is SS7 used
- The Air Interface, SS7 and the GSM network protocols
- Layer 3 of the OSI model
- How LAPDm is used in place of LAPD
- The MSC and SS7
- A-bis interface with SS7
- LAPDm at Layer 2
- SS7 and the A interface
- Protocols used
- BSS Management Part (BSSMAP)
- BSS Application Part (BSSAP)
- Direct Transfer Application Part (DTAP)
Delegates must have previous experience of GSM networks and their architecture as some of the elements are covered in detail. If delegates do not have experience, then it is advised to attended a GSM Technical Overview course prior to attending this course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
GSM Technical Overview
A 3-day technical overview training course on GSM system technology, architectures and air interface including A and A-bis interfaces.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.