OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 Support Essentials
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Part 1: Installation (1 topic)
- Prepare and partition the drive, install OS X Mountain Lion, use the installer log files to verify a successful installation, configure OS X Mountain Lion with the Setup Assistant, update software with Software Update and Installer, tips and techniques for troubleshooting an installation problem.
Part 2: User Accounts (1 topic)
- Create and manage user accounts, create and manage administrator accounts, locate directory attributes, security, password selection, Keychain, and FileVault.
Part 3: File Systems (1 topic)
- File systems supported by OS X Mountain Lion, file and directory ownership and permissions, Disk Utility and file repair, using the command line for file management.
Part 4: Data Management (1 topic)
- The root volume, file system layout, preferences, frameworks, file types unique to OS X Mountain Lion (i.e., resource forks and packages), Spotlight, file archives, disk images, archiving and restoring data with Time Machine, managing backup data, how to access the data outside of Time Machine.
Part 5: Applications and Processes (1 topic)
- Applications supported in OS X Mountain Lion, applications created with different developer APIs, the UNIX concept of a process, the relationship of processes and applications, tools to monitoring and managing processes, application preferences, troubleshooting, Boot Camp.
Part 6: Network Configuration (1 topic)
- Basic networking configuration, TCP/IP networking, Ethernet, AirPort, multiple network connections, appropriate use of network locations, isolating and troubleshooting network elements.
Part 7: Network Services (4 topics)
- Connecting to common network resources, Network Users accounts with Directory Services, AFP, SMB, SSH, FTP, and WebDAV connections, Bonjour, NetBIOS, the network browser, isolating client software issues from network issues.
- Enabling network services on a OS X Mountain Lion client, peer-to-peer collaboration, sharing files between Macs and Windows, sharing web documents, screen sharing, firewall as well as techniques to isolate server issues from client and network issues.
Part 8: Peripherals and Printing (1 topic)
- Connecting peripherals to a Mac, cabling, connections, device drivers for common peripherals, managing printers, print-job management, printer PPDs and PDF workflow, techniques for isolating cabling, driver, or application issues.
Part 9: System Startup (1 topic)
- Troubleshooting boot issues with a Mac at startup, phases of the startup process, which part of the system is active during each phase, issues that can arise, automatic process launching with launchd and login window startup items.