macOS Catalina Troubleshooting and Support
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three day, hands on course will provide delegates with an in-depth exploration of the latest Apple operating system - macOS Catalina. Using a mixture of trainer-led presentations and hands-on exercises, delegates will set their computers up from scratch; configure settings and explore the latest features; and learn how to troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Install macOS Catalina and set up a new computer
- Configure basic settings, access network resources, email etc
- Understand and configure built-in security features
- Install and troubleshoot applications
- Use and configure printers and peripherals
- Troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues
- Manage and troubleshoot the boot process
This course is delivered using digital courseware. Please ensure that each delegate has access to an iPad or a device capable of displaying pdf files.
Courses delivered at QA International House (London) will use iPads supplied by QA.
For any other location, please speak with your account manager and we will arrange for them to be hired.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installation and Configuration (1 topic)
- Learn about new features in macOS Catalina; explore hardware and other requirements before installation; learn how to install macOS Catalina; explore initial configuration options using Setup Assistant; understand the recovery partition and how to manage and install software updates.
Manage Users (1 topic)
- Learn about the different types of user accounts; learn how to add and remove user accounts; explore user home folders; learn how to use Parental Controls to apply restrictions.
Security (1 topic)
- Explore and configure built-in security features; understand the keychain, what it is, and how to use it; explore how to reset and change user passwords.Use FileVault for full volume data encryption; explore institutional recovery keys for deployment and how Secure Tokens work for File Vault. Discover how Activation Lock works and how to find lost or stole Macs with Find My File Systems.
File Systems (1 topic)
- Learn about hard disks, partitions and volumes; Look at how Apple's file system APFS works and how it improves how disks are managed. Learn how to gather information and how to use Disk Utility to partition and erase; learn about Target Disk mode for data migration; explore the macOS permissions models and learn how to gather information, use and modify permissions.
Data Management (1 topic)
- Learn how to archive files and folders; learn how to reveal hidden files and folders and navigate the file system; explore the Library folders and learn how they are used; understand metadata and use Siri and Spotlight; use the built in Time Machine solution to backup and restore data; learn how Time Machine stores data and what destinations it can use.
Applications and Processes (1 topic)
- Explore different methods to install and uninstall applications; examine and use strategies to troubleshoot application issues; explore built in technologies such as Launch Services and QuickLook; save documents to iCloud Drive; explore Continuity and Universal Clipboard; understand how macOS Mojave can optimise storage.
Network Configuration (1 topic)
- Configure basic network settings such as fixed IP addresses and locations; understand how to configure proxy servers and VPN settings; learn about the tools we can use to troubleshoot network issues.
Network Services (1 topic)
- Configure macOS Catalina to use mail services such as Exchange, and to access network file servers; provide services including screen sharing; explore and use the built in firewall.
Peripheral Management (1 topic)
- Explore built in peripheral technologies; explore how drivers and extensions provide plug-and-play support for peripherals; explore how to gather information on peripheral devices; understand the role of CUPS in printing; explore how macOS Mojave can be configured to use different types of printers; explore built-in PDF functionality; troubleshoot printing issues
Managing the Boot Process (1 topic)
- Understand and use the built-in MacOS Recovery tools and utilities for troubleshooting; use Console and Terminal to diagnose and resolve issues; understand the role of firmware and how the MacOS boot process works; learn how to modify startup for troubleshooting of the boot process.
- Some knowledge of macOS and basic computer skills.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.