IBM eX5 Enterprise Servers Architecture and Virtualization
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The first half of the course details IBM eX5 Enterprise X-Architecture, Intel Nehalem microarchitecture, and server features that are featured in the System x3690 X5, System x3850 X5, and BladeCenter HX5. IBM systems innovations such as MAX5, eXFlash, and FlexNode are also discussed. The second half of the course presents an overview of IBM virtualization solutions for the IBM System x Enterprise server line with an in depth look at Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer. Additional topics include an overview of virtualization, virtualization history and terminology, hypervisor architectures, and virtualization management. Hands-on lab procedures include the IBM virtualization solutions Microsoft Windows Server 2008 with Hyper-V and Citrix XenServer.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Day 1 (5 topics)
- (00:30) Welcome
- (01:00) Unit 1 - IBM eX5 architecture
- (04:30) Unit 2 - IBM eX5 product overview
- (00:30) Exercise 1
Day 2 (4 topics)
- (00:30) Day one review
- (05:00) Unit 2 - IBM eX5 product overview (cont.)
- (01:00) Exercise 2
Day 3 (6 topics)
- (00:30) Day two review
- (01:00) Unit 2 - IBM eX5 Product overview (cont.)
- (02:00) Unit 3 - IBM Smarter Planet and virtualization background
- (02:30) Unit 4 - IBM virtualization solutions, hypervisors, and hypervisor deep-dives
- (00:30) Exercise 3
Day 4 (4 topics)
- (00:30) Day three review
- (04:30) Unit 4 - IBM virtualization solutions, hypervisors, and hypervisor deep-dives (cont.)
- (01:30) Exercise 4
The prerequisite for this course is System x Technical Principles (Enhanced) (XTR11GB). It is also recommended that students have some experience with Intel-based computer hardware and Windows or Linux operating systems.