VMware vSphere 6.5: Design Workshop
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three-day training course equips you with the knowledge, skills, and abilities to design a VMware vSphere® 6.5 virtual infrastructure. You follow a proven approach to design a virtualization solution that is available, scalable, manageable, recoverable, and secure, and that uses VMware best practices.
This course discusses the benefits and risks of available design alternatives and provides information to support making sound design decisions.
Given a case study, you practice your design skills by working with peers on a design project.
By the end of the course, you should be able to meet the following objectives:
- Assess the business and application requirements of the current environment
- Apply a framework to a design
- Analyze design choices and best-practice recommendations
- Create a design that ensures availability, manageability, performance, recoverability, and security
- Design the core management infrastructure for an enterprise
- Design the virtual data center for an enterprise
- Design the compute infrastructure for an enterprise
- Design the storage and networking infrastructures for an enterprise
- Design virtual machines to run applications in a vSphere infrastructure
- Design security, management, and recoverability features for an enterprise
Experienced system integrators and consultants responsible for designing and deploying vSphere environments.
Please note: All VMware course materials are available to delegates in e-courseware format only. VMware will email delegates with instructions on how to access their e-book entitlement no less than 48 hours before their course is due to take place. If you have an existing VMware MyLearn account it is imperative that you notify your Account Manager of the email address you have registered to this account.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Introduction (2 topics)
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Infrastructure Assessment (6 topics)
- Follow a proven process to design a virtualization solution
- Define customer business objectives
- Gather and analyze business and application requirements
- Document design requirements, constraints, assumptions, and risks
- Use a systematic method to evaluate and document design decisions
- Create a conceptual design
Core Management Infrastructure (6 topics)
- Determine the number of vCenter Server and VMware Platform Services Controller™ instances to include in a design
- Choose the appropriate platforms for vCenter Server components
- Choose the appropriate single sign-on identity source
- Choose the time synchronization method
- Choose methods to collect log files and ESXi core dumps
- Design a vCenter Server deployment topology that is appropriate for the size and requirements of the data center
Virtual Data Center Infrastructure (4 topics)
- Calculate total capacity requirements for a design
- Create a virtual data center cluster design that meets business and workload requirements
- Evaluate the use of several management services, such as VMware vSphere® High Availability and VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™, in the virtual data center
- Evaluate the use of resource pools in the virtual data center design
Compute Infrastructure (2 topics)
- Create a compute infrastructure design that includes the appropriate ESXi boot, installation, and configuration options
- Choose the ESXi host hardware for the compute infrastructure
Storage Infrastructure (3 topics)
- Calculate storage capacity and performance requirements for a design
- Evaluate the use of various storage platform and storage management solutions
- Design a storage platform and storage management architecture that meets the needs of the vSphere environment
Network Infrastructure (3 topics)
- Evaluate the use of various network component and network management solutions
- Design a network component architecture that includes information about network segmentation and virtual switch types
- Design a network management architecture that meets the needs of the vSphere environment
Virtual Machine Design (2 topics)
- Make virtual machine design decisions, including decisions about resources
- Design virtual machines that meet the needs of the applications in the vSphere environment and that follow VMware best practices
Infrastructure Security (2 topics)
- Make security design decisions for various layers in the vSphere environment
- Design a security strategy that meets the needs of the vSphere environment and follows VMware best practices
Infrastructure Manageability (3 topics)
- Make VMware vSphere® Update Manager™ design decisions that meet the requirements of the virtual data center
- Make infrastructure management design decisions about the required areas
- Design an infrastructure management strategy that meets the needs of the vSphere environment and follows VMware best practices
Infrastructure Recoverability (2 topics)
- Make infrastructure recoverability design decisions in the required areas
- Design an infrastructure recoverability strategy that meets the needs of the vSphere environment and follows VMware best practices
This course requires completion of the following prerequisites:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5]
- VMware vSphere: Optimize and Scale [V6.5]
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.