Red Hat Linux 7 for Experienced Red Hat Linux 6 Administrators
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This is a fast paced instructor led Red Hat Linux 7 for Experienced Red Hat Linux 6 Administrators training course. It is designed to give the delegates practical experience in the administration of a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 (RHEL7) system. With a strong emphasis on practical hands on training, this course will teach administrative tasks required to successfully administer a Red Hat Linux 7 system.
Targeted to closely follow the official Red Hat certification curriculum, this course along with existing knowledge will enable the delegate to work towards achieving the Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) and/or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
The course assumes that the delegate will have a good knowledge of all the topics covered in the Administering Red Hat Linux 6 - Part 1, Administering Red Hat Linux 6 - Part 2and Administering Red Hat Linux 6 - Part 3 courses for RHEL6.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Upgrade Considerations and Tools
- Managing services and boot up process using systemd and systemctl
- XFS Filesystems
- Network Management and IPV6
- Configuring a RHELv7 firewall (firewall-cmd and firewall-config)
- Setting Up Centralised Storage iSCSI
- Overview of Linux Containers
- Install, configure, query and backup a MariaDB database
- Booting into recovery mode
This Red Hat Linux 7 for Experienced Red Hat Linux 6 Administrators course is suitable for anyone who has already acquired administration skills for RHEL6.
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Upgrade Considerations (14 topics)
- Which types of systems can be upgraded
- Implications of Upgrading
- Preupgrade Assistant
- Red Hat Upgrade Tool
- New root filesystem layout
- ifconfig output changes
- Changes to login.defs
- RPM changes
- Changes effecting httpd
- Initiating a kickstart at RHELv7
- New Backup Commands for XFS
- New Desktops - Gnome Classic, Gnome3 and KDE Plasma
- Deprecated and Removed software
Using Systemd and Controlling Services (4 topics)
- The systemd deamon
- Control Services using systemctl etc.
- System Shutdown and Reboot management
Using XFS Filesystems (5 topics)
- What is XFS
- Features of XFS
- Creating, extending and mounting XFS
- Repairing XFS filesystems
Configuring a RHELv7 Firewall (10 topics)
- Limiting network access through a firewall
- The firewalld program
- Basic configuration using the GUI interface firewall-config
- Packet Filtering using firewalld
- Command line tool firewall-cmd
- Rule Targets
- Basic Rules and their Operation
- Connection Tracking
- Source and Destination NAT Configuration
Booting into Recovery Mode (4 topics)
- The Rescue Environment
- Booting into Single User Mode
- Recovery from lost root password
Network Management and IPv6 (5 topics)
- IP suite of tools
- IPV6 Addressing
- Local Network Bridges
- Configure Ethernet Bonding (Link aggregation, teaming)
Centralised and Secure Storage (4 topics)
- What is ISCSI
- Setting up ISCSI Target and Initiator
- Accessing Centralised Storage
Configuring a MariaDB Database (5 topics)
- Install and configure MariaDB
- Backup and Restore a database
- Create a simple database schema
- Perform simple SQL queries on the database
Overview of Linux Containers (3 topics)
- What is a Linux Container
- What are the advantages of Containers
- Overview of Docker
This is a fast paced course therefore a good knowledge of all the content covered in the Administering Red Hat Linux 6 - Part 1, Administering Red Hat Linux 6 - Part 2 and Administering Red Hat Linux 6 - Part 3 courses for RHEL6 is essential.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.