Managing Microsoft System Center Data Protection Manager 2012
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Introducing Data Protection and Disaster Recovery (1 topic)
- This module discuses disaster recovery basics, describes the System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 architecture, and discusses the planning process required to implement DPM-based disaster recovery and data protection in an enterprise environment
Module 2: Installing and Configuring DPM 2012 (3 topics)
- This module discusses system requirements for the DPM 2012 server, provides step-by-step instructions for installing DPM servers and protection agents on enterprise systems, and discusses troubleshooting techniques for resolving issues you may encounter.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will install DPM prerequisite software, install a DPM server, perform initial required configuration tasks, and perform selected tasks to enable optional DPM features and functions.
Module 3: Enabling DPM Protection to Standard Resources (3 topics)
- This module will look at the initial setup of protection groups and enabling basic backup functions for file services, system state and bare metal recovery.
- During lab exercises that accompany tis module you will create protection groups to complete backups of the file system, system state and bare metal recovery, ready for recovery scenarios.
Module 4: Extending DPM Protection to Enterprise Applications (3 topics)
- This module explains how to extend data protection to Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, SharePoint and Clustered servers, and Virtual Server Hosts and Virtual Machines by installing protection agents and configuring protection groups.
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will install protection agents on an Exchange Server, a SQL Server, a SharePoint server, and a Virtual Server Host, create protection groups on the DPM server, and monitor data collection.
Module 5: Managing Client Backup (3 topics)
- This module will investigate the new features of workstation or client backup with DPM. This will included protection group creation and management. It will also show how the client components work to enable end users to add additional content for backup.
- The lab for this module will show how to enable client back, best practices for managing the backup and how to restore the client data.
Module 6: Examining Protected Data Backup and Recovery (1 topic)
- This module provides step-by-step instructions to prepare for recovery of DPM servers, recover and restore system states, bare metal backups and protected data for the DPM Server, Exchange Servers, SQL Servers, and Virtual Server Machines.
Module 7: Managing and Troubleshooting DPM 2012 (3 topics)
- This module provides an overview of techniques for monitoring, reporting and troubleshooting DPM environments to resolve DPM Server and protection agent issues. Topics also introduce how to use the Windows PowerShell-based DPM Management Shell to manage and maintain DPM environments and how to use Operations manager 2012 to manage multiple DPM instances
- During lab exercises that accompany this module, you will use DPM tools and utilities to perform typical maintenance, monitoring and repair tasks.
Module 8: Optional Scenario Labs (1 topic)
- This optional lab module enables the delegate to either undertake some of the prebuilt lab exercises, including Virtual Machine recovery, Exchange Server disaster recovery and DPM to DPM protection or to create their own scenario's which are relevant to their environment and test their skills to ensure they have the ability to recovery and the corporate systems