Managing Successful Programmes œ MSP® Advanced Practitioner Examination Workshop 2011
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
MSP overview (2 topics)
- A reminder of the main elements of the MSP method
- PLEASE NOTE: Please bring your MSP Guide (Managing Successeful Programmes - ISBN: 978-011-331327) this is NOT provided on this course. Attendees of this course are assumed to be up to date in their knowledge of MSP® from their previous courses which allowed them to achieve their practitioner standard qualification.
MSPCare Case Study (3 topics)
- An understanding of the MSPCare Case Study, which presents a mix of both public and private sector elements
- PLEASE NOTE: Please bring your MSPCare Case Study with you to the course.
- Interrogation of the MSPCare scenario through application of MSP methodology and best practice programme management
Exam Techniques (5 topics)
- Exam techniques required to pass the Advanced Practitioner exam
- Understanding of questions
- Required answer elements
- Use of the MSP manual and MSPCare scenario to present answers
Examination (14 topics)
- All delegates will sit the MSP Advanced Practitioner examination at the end of the course.
- The exam format is as follows:
- Essay based
- Three hours duration
- Up to 3 questions
- 75 marks available
- 38 marks or more are required to pass (50%)
- Open-book (other material in the form of course notes, examples, copies of presentations, etc. can be used during this examination but no electronic aids, such as laptops, may be used).
- By successfully passing the Advanced Practitioner exam, delegates attain 'Registered Advanced Practitioner' status.
- Please note that candidates must have passed the Practitioner exam before attempting the Advanced Practitioner exam (However, APMG have made provision for those candidates who wish to sit the Advanced Practitioner examination before they have their results from the Practitioner exam. However, MSP candidates who pass the Advanced Practitioner exam yet fail the Practitioner exam, must re-sit the Practitioner exam within 24 months to validate their Registered Advanced Practitioner Status. If the candidate does not complete within the 24 months, the candidate will be required to re-sit the Advanced Practitioner exam as well.)
- The APMG issue e-certificates on successful completion of your examination(s). Should you want to obtain a paper certificate this can be purchased direct from the APMG.
Re-Registration (4 topics)
- All MSP Practitioners and/or Advanced Practitioners should be re-registered within 3-5 years of their original certification.
- The format of the Advanced Practitioner Re-registration is:
- A 2000 - 4000 word 'dissertation' (suggested target 2500 words) on a specific subject (selected from a range of topics) demonstrating application of MSP. It would ideally be based on a 'real life' programme that the candidate has worked within. If this is not possible (if a candidate has not recently worked within a programme or their programme contains classified information), it would be acceptable to base it on the Advanced Practitioner Case Study 'MSP Care'. There are no time restrictions imposed on this dissertation. The dissertation will be marked out of a possible 75 marks with the candidate needing 38 marks to achieve a pass. Should the candidate fail the Re-registration, feedback will be provided. The candidate is permitted to update and re-submit their paper, however should this second attempt be a fail and detailed feedback is given then the candidate must submit a new paper. Instead of the re-registration paper, a candidate also has the option to sit the full Advanced Practitioner examination to re-register at this level.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.