Updating your Database Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This three-day instructor-led course provides existing SQL Server database professionals with the knowledge and skills to use new and enhanced capabilities in SQL Server 2012. Audience Profile This course is intended for database professionals with experience of using SQL Server 2008 R2.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Module 1: Introducing SQL Server 2012 (6 topics)
- This module provides an overview of SQL Server 2012.
- Overview of SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2012 Editions and Components
Module 2: Installing SQL Server 2012 (15 topics)
- This module describes how to install SQL Server 2012.
- Installation Options and Requirements
- Installing SQL Server
- Deploying SQL Server in a Private Cloud
- Lab : Installing SQL Server
- Installing a SQL Server 2012 Named Instance
- Performing Post-Installation Setup and Checks
- Lab : Using a Data-Tier Application in a Private Cloud Scenario
- Creating a Data-Tier Application
- Deploying a Data-Tier Application
Module 3: Managing SQL Server 2012 (11 topics)
- This module describes new and enhanced features that make it easier to manage SQL Server databases.
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
- New and Enhanced Dynamic Management Views
- Using PowerShell to Manage SQL Server
- Lab : Managing SQL Server
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Using SQL Server Management Studio
Module 4: Developing SQL Server 2012 Databases (14 topics)
- This module describes new Transact-SQL and data storage capabilities that you can use to develop databases.
- Transact-SQL Enhancements
- New and Enhanced Transact-SQL Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents
- Lab : Developing SQL Server Databases
- Using Sequence Objects
- Using the THROW Statement
- Implementing Paging
- Querying Documents
Module 5: Performance and Tuning Enhancements (11 topics)
- This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced performance tuning features in SQL Server 2012.
- Performance Optimization Tools
- Enhancements to Indexing
- Lab : Optimizing SQL Server Performance
- Creating a Columnstore Index
- Using a Columnstore Index
- Updating a Table with a Columnstore Index
Module 6: High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements (11 topics)
- This module provides an introduction to new and enhanced features for data recovery and availability.
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancemenst to Data Recovery
- Lab : Using AlwaysOn Availability Groups
- Creating an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Using an AlwaysOn Availability Group
- Observing Availability Group Failover Behavior
Module 7: Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (10 topics)
- This module describes how to use security enhancements in SQL Server 2012.
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
- Lab : Implementing Security
- Implementing user-Defined Server Roles
- Implementing Contained Databases
Module 8: Extending Data Solutions to the Cloud (10 topics)
- This module provides an introduction to SQL Azure.
- Introduction to SQL Azure
- Working with SQL Azure
- Lab : Using SQL Azure
- Creating a Database in SQL Azure
- Using SQL Server Management Studio with SQL Azure
Module 9: Overview of BI Enhancements in SQL Server 2012 (10 topics)
- This module introduces enhancements to BI support in SQL Server 2012.
- SQL Server 2012 for Data Warehousing
- SQL Server 2012 for Business Intelligence
- Lab : Exploring BI Features
- Using PowerPivot
- Using Power View
Before attending this course, students must have: Experience of creating and managing database solutions in SQL Server, including basic Transact-SQL programming