Configuring Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This is a 5-day course designed for systems and field engineers who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 7000 switch. This course covers the key components and procedures you need to know to configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 7000 switch platform. New Features introduce in Cisco NX-OS 6.2 have also been incorporated into this course.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the features of the Cisco Nexus family of switches, and the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches features and deployment models
- Identify Cisco Nexus 7000 Series hardware, management tools, and troubleshooting features that are available on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches. You will also learn how to configure the relevant management tools and be able use the troubleshooting key features on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switches.
- Identify the networking and storage features that are available on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series Switch and learn how to configure, manage, optimize, verify and troubleshoot them.
Network Engineers involved in the installation and maintenance of Nexus 7000 switches.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch Product Overview (4 topics)
- Cisco Nexus 7000 Product Overview
- Describing Cisco NX-OS Software
- Understanding High Availability and Redundancy
- Using the Connectivity Management Processor
Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch Management (2 topics)
- Configuring User Management
- Understanding System Management
Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch Feature Configuration (9 topics)
- Using Virtual Device Contexts on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch
- Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Configuring Port Channels
- Configuring the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch with the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender
- Configuring Cisco FabricPath
- Configuring Layer 3 Switching Features
- Configuring MPLS
- Configuring Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
- Configuring Locator/ID Separation Protocol
Cisco Nexus 7000 Advanced Feature Configuration (2 topics)
- Configuring Security Features
- Configuring Quality of Service (QoS)
Troubleshooting (5 topics)
- Understanding the Troubleshooting Process
- Using Troubleshooting Features
- Troubleshooting Installs, Upgrades, and Reboots
- Troubleshooting Virtual Port Channels
- Troubleshooting Memory and Packet Flow Issues
Labs (15 topics)
- Lab 1-1: Cisco Nexus 7000 Platform Discovery
- Lab 2-1: Configuring User Management
- Lab 2-2: Configuring System Management
- Lab 3-1: Configuring Layer 2 Switching
- Lab 3-2: Configuring Virtual Port Channels (vPCs)
- Lab 3-3: Configuring Cisco FabricPath
- Lab 3-4: Configuring Layer 3 Switching
- Lab 3-5: Configuring FHRP
- Lab 3-6: Configure MPLS on the Cisco Nexus 7000 switch
- Lab 3-7: Configure Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV)
- Lab 3-8: Configure LISP on the Cisco Nexus 7000 switch
- Lab 4-1: Configuring Security Features
- Lab 4-2: Configuring Quality of Service (QoS)
- Lab 5-1: Configuring Troubleshooting Features
- Lab 5-2: Troubleshooting Virtual Port Channels (vPCs) and Cisco Fabricpath
A Good understanding of Data Center Technologies, networking protocols and routing and switching are required. Attendance of the following courses are recommended.
- DCICT and DCICN or CCNADCBC
- ROUTE and SWITCH
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
ROUTE: Implementing Cisco IP Routing
This 5-day is designed to provide professionals of medium-to-large network sites with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LAN...
ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
A 5-day Training Course on ICND1: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1; Install, operate, and troubleshoot a small branch office Enterprise network.
SWITCH: Implementing Cisco Switched Networks
This 5-day course is designed to give students a firm understanding of how to manage switches in an enterprise campus environment.
ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
A 5-day Training Course on ICND2: Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2; Learn to Install, operate, & troubleshoot a small-medium office Enterprise network.
CCNA Boot Camp (5 days)
Based on Authorised Cisco courses the CCNAB Boot Camp training course provides a proven & intense program to help you achieve your CCNA certification.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.