Configuring and Monitoring QFabric Systems
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day course is designed to provide students with intermediate knowledge of the QFabric system. Students will be provided an overview of the QFabric system with detailed coverage of its components, design, and architecture. Students will learn how the system is deployed and operates and will be provided configuration and monitoring examples. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the QFabric system.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Compare legacy environments with the QFabric system.
- Describe the hardware components of the QFabric system.
- Explain control plane and data plane functions in the QFabric system.
- Describe the goals of the software architecture.
- Explain the purpose and functions of the Director software.
- Configure and verify some key software abstractions.
- List and describe operations of internal protocols used in the QFabric system.
- Perform the initial setup and configuration tasks.
- Configure and monitor network interfaces.
- Log in to system components and verify status.
- Explain bridging concepts and operations for the QFabric system.
- List and describe supported Layer 2 protocols and features.
- Configure and monitor key Layer 2 protocols and features.
- Explain routing concepts and operations for the QFabric system.
- List and describe supported Layer 3 protocols and features.
- Configure and monitor key Layer 3 protocols and features.
- Identify the purposes of data center storage along with the challenges.
- Describe and compare data center storage technologies.
- List and describe data center storage networking protocols.
- Describe common Fibre Channel topologies, components, and related terminology.
- Explain Fibre Channel operations and issues that can impact protocol operations.
- Configure and monitor Fibre Channel functionality on the QFabric system.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
System Overview (3 topics)
- QFabric System Introduction
- Components and Architecture
- Control Plane and Data Plane
Software Architecture (3 topics)
- Architecture Overview
- Software Abstractions
- Internal Protocols
Setup and Initial Configuration (5 topics)
- System Setup
- Initial Configuration Tasks
- Configuring Network Interfaces
- Connecting to System Components
- Lab 1: Setup and Initial Configuration
Layer 2 Features and Operations (4 topics)
- Layer 2 Protocol and Feature Support
- Overview of Layer 2 Operations
- Configuring and Monitoring Layer 2 Protocols and Features
- Lab 2: Layer 2 Features and Operations
Layer 3 Features and Operations (4 topics)
- Layer 3 Protocol and Feature Support
- Overview of Layer 3 Operations
- Configuring and Monitoring Layer 3 Protocols and Features
- Lab 3: Layer 3 Features and Operations
Network Storage Fundamentals (3 topics)
- Introduction to Data Center Storage
- Overview of Data Center Storage Technologies
- Storage Networking Protocols
Fibre Channel (4 topics)
- Fibre Channel Application and Operations
- Configuring and Monitoring Fibre Channel
- Troubleshooting Fibre Channel
- Lab 4: Fibre Channel
- Intermediate TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Intermediate Layer 2 switching knowledge
- Introductory data center technologies knowledge
- Attend the Junos Enterprise Switching (JEX) course, or have equivalent experience. Additionally, the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) course is recommended.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
JUNOS Enterprise Switching
This 2-day JUNOS Enterprise Switching course provides delegates with introductory switching knowledge and configuration examples.
JUNOS Intermediate Routing
This 2-day JUNOS Intermediate Routing course provides delegates with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.