M20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This version of this course 20412A utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
The five day course is part three, of a series of three courses, which provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 Infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses in total will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the three courses this course will primarily cover advanced configuration and services tasks necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as identity management and identity federation, network load balancing, business continuity and disaster recovery, fault tolerance and rights management.
A secondary audience for this course will be candidates looking to take Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, or are aspiring to acquire the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential, either in its own right, or in order to proceed in acquiring the Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) credentials, for which the MCSA credential is a pre-requisite.
- Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Implementing Advanced File Services
- Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Implementing Failover Clustering
- Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Implementing Disaster Recovery
- Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
- Implementing AD CS
- Implementing AD RMS
- Implementing AD FS
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are experienced implementing, managing and maintaining a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing Enterprise environment, and wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to carry out advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Students would typically be very experienced System Administrators and should have hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Implementing Advanced Network Services (4 topics)
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IP Address Management
- Lab: Implementing Advanced Network Services
Implementing Advanced File Services (4 topics)
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring Branch Cache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
- Lab: Implementing Advanced File Services
Implementing Dynamic Access Control (4 topics)
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Planning for a Dynamic Access Control Implementation
- Configuring Dynamic Access Control
- Lab: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
Implementing Network Load Balancing (4 topics)
- Network Load Balancing Overview
- Configuring a Network Load Balancing Cluster
- Planning a Network Load Balancing Implementation
- Lab: Implementing Network Load Balancing
Implementing Failover Clustering (6 topics)
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly-Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
- Lab: Implementing Failover Clustering
Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V (5 topics)
- Overview of the Integration of Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using System Center Virtual Machine Manager
- Lab: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
Implementing Disaster Recovery (4 topics)
- Disaster Recovery Overview
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Lab: Implementing Windows Server Backup and Restore
Implementing Distributed AD DS Deployments (4 topics)
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Implementing a Distributed AD DS Deployment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
- Lab: Implementing Complex AD DS Deployments
Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication (4 topics)
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
- Lab: Implementing AD DS Sites and Replication
Implementing AD CS (6 topics)
- Public Key Infrastructure Overview
- Deploying Certification Authorities
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
- Lab: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
Implementing AD RMS (5 topics)
- Active Directory Rights Management Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
- Lab: Configuring AD RMS
Implementing AD FS (5 topics)
- Overview of Active Directory Federation Services
- Deploying Active Directory Federation Services
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a Business to Business Federation Scenario
- Lab: Implementing AD FS
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Real world, hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 Enterprise environment.
- Real world experience Implementing, Managing and Configuring Active Directory and Networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge equivalent to the learning's covered in M20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 and M20411: Administering Windows Server 2012 courses, as this course will build upon that knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
M20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Gain the skills required to install and configure Microsoft Windows Server 2012 on this 5-day M20410 course.
M20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
Gain the skills required to manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 environment on this 5-day M20411 course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.