M20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This version of this course 20411A utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machines for the labs.
The course is part two of a series of three courses, which provide the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses in total will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. While there is some cross-over in skillset and tasks across the courses, this course will primarily cover the administration tasks necessary to maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Implement a Group Policy infrastructure.
- Manage user desktops with Group Policy.
- Manage user and service accounts.
- Maintain Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Domain Name System (DNS).
- Configure and troubleshoot Remote Access.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot the Network Policy Server (NPS) role.
- Implement Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Optimize file services.
- Configure encryption and advanced auditing.
- Deploy and maintain server images.
- Implement Update Management.
- Monitor Windows Server 2012.
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) Professionals with hands on experience working in a Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012 environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to be able to manage and maintain the core infrastructure required for a Windows Server 2012 environment. The key focus for students in this course is to broaden the initial deployment of Windows Server 2012 services and infrastructure and provide the skills necessary to manage and maintain a domain based Windows Server 2012 environment, such as user and group management, network access and data security.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure (6 topics)
- Understanding Group Policy
- Implementing GPOs
- Managing Group Policy Scope
- Group Policy Processing
- Troubleshooting Policy Application
- Lab: Implementing a Group Policy Infrastructure
Managing User Desktops with Group Policy (4 topics)
- Implementing Administrative Templates
- Configuring Group Policy Preferences
- Managing Software with GPSI
- Lab: Managing User Desktops with Group Policy
Managing User and Service Accounts (5 topics)
- Creating and Administering User Accounts
- Configuring User Object Attributes
- Automating User Account Creation
- Configuring Managed Service Accounts
- Lab: Managing User and Service Accounts
Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services (5 topics)
- Implementing Virtualized Domain Controllers
- Implementing Read Only Domain Controllers
- Administering AD DS
- Managing the AD DS Database
- Lab: Maintaining Active Directory Domain Services
Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS (6 topics)
- Installing the DNS Server Role
- Configuring the DNS Server Role
- Configuring DNS Zones
- Configuring DNS Zone Transfers
- Managing and Troubleshooting DNS
- Lab: Configuring and Troubleshooting DNS
Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access (6 topics)
- Configuring Network Access
- Configuring VPN Access
- Overview of Network Policies
- Troubleshooting Routing and Remote Access
- Configuring Direct Access
- Lab: Configuring and Troubleshooting Remote Access
Installing, Configuring, and Troubleshooting the Network Policy Server Role (5 topics)
- Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
- Configuring RADIUS Clients and Servers
- NPS Authentication Methods
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Network Policy Server
- Lab: Installing and Configuring a Network Policy Server
Implementing Network Access Protection (5 topics)
- Overview of Network Access Protection
- How NAP Works
- Configuring NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
- Lab: Implementing Network Access Protection
Optimizing File Services (8 topics)
- Overview of FSRM
- Using FSRM to Manage Quotas, File Screens, and Storage Reports
- Implementing Classification Management and File Management Tasks
- DFS Overview
- Configuring DFS Namespaces
- Configuring and Troubleshooting DFS Replication
- Lab A: Configuring Quotas and File Screening Using FSRM
- Lab B: Configuring DFS Namespaces and Replication
Configuring Encryption and Advanced Auditing (4 topics)
- Encrypting Network Files with EFS
- Configuring Advanced Auditing
- Lab A: Encrypting and Recovering Files
- Lab B: Implementing Advanced Audit Policy Configuration
Deploying and Maintaining Server Images (4 topics)
- Overview of WDS
- Implementing Deployment with WDS
- Administering WDS
- Lab: Deploying and Maintaining Server Images Using Windows Deployment Services
Implementing Update Management (3 topics)
- Overview of WSUS
- Deploying Updates with WSUS
- Lab: Implementing Update Management
Monitoring Windows Server 2012 (4 topics)
- Monitoring Tools
- Using Performance Monitor
- Monitoring Event Logs
- Lab: Monitoring Windows Server 2012
Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least one year of experience working with Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Active Directory and networking infrastructure.
- Knowledge equivalent to that already covered in M20410:Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
M20410: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012
Gain the skills required to install and configure Microsoft Windows Server 2012 on this 5-day M20410 course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.