LTE Fundamentals, Core Network and Signalling
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This 8-day training course is a combined training course consisting of three of our other popular LTE courses; 3-day PWS193 LTE Fundamentals, 2-day PWS197 LTE Core Network and 3-day PWS195 LTE Signalling and Protocols. For a basic description of the content covered, please review the modules tab above and for deep level content follow the links of the individual course details below.
PWS193 LTE Fundamentals course takes an in-depth look at all aspects of LTE, including the environment and forces shaping it, the changes involving MIMO antennas, the physical layer and security principles. This section of the 8-day program runs from Monday to Wednesday.
PWS197 LTE Core Network course focuses on System Architecture Evolution (SAE) and how it is key in achieving the performance levels that LTE must deliver. This section of the 8-day program runs from Thursday to Friday.
PWS195 LTE Signalling and Protocols examines overall protocol structure before focussing on specific protocols. This section of the 8-day program runs from Monday to Wednesday on the week following the previous two sections.
LTE Fundamentals (9 topics)
- Goals of LTE
- Evolution of UMTS
- Physical Layer: Moving Antennas On
- Physical Layer Downlink: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing - OFDM
- Physical Layer Uplink: SC-FDMA
- Physical Layer: Radio Interface Channels
- Layer 2: MAC, RL, PDCP, etc.
- Core Network Aspects
- Security Aspects
LTE Core Network (6 topics)
- Core Network Introduction
- Evolved Packet Core
- Reference Points and Interfaces
- Additional Features of SAE
LTE Signalling and Protocols (11 topics)
- E-UTRAN and SAE Overview
- LTE/SAE Protocol Architecture
- Non-Access Stratum - NAS Signalling
- Medium Access Control - MAC Protocol
- Radio Link Control (RLC)
- Packet Data Convergence Protocol (PDCP)
- Radio Resource Control (RRC)
- S1 Application Protocol
- X2 Application Protocol
- Evolved GTP: GTPv2-C
- Interworking with Pre-Release 8 Networks
The course assumes some familiarity with existing UMTS systems.