LTE Fundamentals and Core Network
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This 5-day training course is a combined training course consisting of two of our other popular LTE courses, 3-day PWS193 LTE Fundamentals and 2-day PWS197 LTE Core Network. For a basic description of the content covered, please review the modules tab above and for deep level content follow the links of the individual course details below.
PWS193 LTE Fundamentals course takes an in-depth look at all aspects of LTE, including the environment and forces shaping it, the changes involving MIMO antennas, the physical layer and security principles. This section of the 5-day program runs from Monday to Wednesday.
PWS197 LTE Core Network course focuses on System Architecture Evolution (SAE) and how it is key in achieving the performance levels that LTE must deliver. This section of the 5-day program runs from Thursday to Friday.
LTE Fundamentals (9 topics)
- Goals of LTE
- Evolution of UMTS
- Physical Layer: Moving Antennas On
- Physical Layer Downlink: Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing - OFDM
- Physical Layer Uplink: SC-FDMA
- Physical Layer: Radio Interface Channels
- Layer 2: MAC, RL, PDCP, etc.
- Core Network Aspects
- Security Aspects
LTE Core Network (6 topics)
- Core Network Introduction
- Evolved Packet Core
- Reference Points and Interfaces
- Additional Features of SAE
The course assumes some familiarity with existing UMTS systems.