PRINCE2 Foundation (2 day)
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day course, designed by QA's industry leading project management experts, is fully accredited by the APMG-International and provides you with a thorough understanding of the internationally recognised PRINCE2 project management methodology.
It includes the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, and by working with world-class organisations, we are uniquely able to bring you a course that will give you the best opportunity to develop your project management career and deliver PRINCE2 projects confidently and competently.
- Unique multimedia pre-course orientation and support designed to help you quickly understand the PRINCE2 method in a practical environment
- The official PRINCE2 manual: "Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2"
- Two days of classroom training using accelerated learning techniques and expert tutor guidance leading to the PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Post-course support for 3 months to give you access to experts by email while you gain confidence and competence
PRINCE2 is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including: Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners), Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers), Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts), Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
The purpose of the Foundation qualification is to confirm that a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PRINCE2 method to be able to work effectively with, or as a member of, a project management team working within an environment supporting PRINCE2. The Foundation qualification is also a pre-requisite for the Practitioner qualification.
By passing the Foundation exam, candidates should understand the structure and key terminology of the method. Specifically, the candidate should understand:
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
You will be provided with pre-course reading approximately two weeks prior to attending the course. This pre-reading is interactive eLearning and is expected to take approximately two hours to complete. Your learning starts with this pre-reading, so please ensure you can complete the pre-course activities in full prior to attending. Please check that you have are able to view your pre-reading correctly by verifying you meet the minimum technical system requirements. Please click here to view these technical requirements.
Please note that during the course, additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
PRINCE2 Philosophy (4 topics)
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not
- PRINCE2 links with other project/programme management standards.
- How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
- Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2
The Structure of PRINCE2 (2 topics)
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes.
- High level PRINCE2 Process map
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles (7 topics)
- Continued Business Justification
- Focus on Products
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes (7 topics)
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes (7 topics)
- Business Case
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
Examination Preparation (5 topics)
- An explanation of mechanics of the Foundation exam
- Examination techniques
- Mock Foundation questions, using official sample exam papers
- Question and answer session
- Revision of major topics
No pre-requisites are necessary for this course, however, you would benefit from having some basic project management experience prior to attending.