PRINCE2 2017 Foundation (2 day inc exam)
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best-practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture. This course provides a definitive overview of PRINCE2. We cover its four integrated components – the principles, themes, processes and project environment. We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA’s ‘Performance Based Learning’ approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of exercises, case-study application, learning ‘games’ and practice exam questions.
- Demonstrate that they understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method
- Explain the PRINCE2 principles
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, listing the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle
- Identify the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
PRINCE2 Philosophy (4 topics)
- What PRINCE2 is and what it is not
- PRINCE2 links with other project/programme management standards.
- How it enhances the possibilities of Project Success.
- Overview of Tailoring PRINCE2
The Structure of PRINCE2 (2 topics)
- Relationship between the PRINCE2 Processes, Activities and Themes.
- High level PRINCE2 Process map
The 7 PRINCE2 Principles (7 topics)
- Continued Business Justification
- Focus on Products
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn from Experience
- Tailor to Suit the Project Environment
The 7 PRINCE2 Processes (7 topics)
- Starting up a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Directing a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
The 7 PRINCE2 Themes (7 topics)
- Business Case
- Quality (including the PRINCE2 Quality Review Technique)
- Plans (including the PRINCE2 Product-Based Planning Technique)
Examination Preparation (5 topics)
- An explanation of mechanics of the Foundation exam
- Examination techniques
- Mock Foundation questions, using official sample exam papers
- Question and answer session
- Revision of major topics
No formal prerequisites exist for this course but delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
- Delegates will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, that will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively)
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Virtual Classroom (Attend From Anywhere)