vCenter Operations Manager: Analyze & Predict
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course, for experienced VMware® vSphere® personnel, teaches skills for the use of VMware® vCenter Operations as a forensic and predictive tool. The course is based on VMware vSphere® ESXi 5.0, VMware® vCenter Server 5.0, and vCenter Operations Manager 5.0.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand major and minor badges and their underlying metrics.
- Use these badges to find root causes of common operational issues in a vSphere environment.
- Perform capacity management and what-if analyses.
- Use the Operations tab, the Planning tab, the Alerts tab, the Analysis tab, and the Reports tab.
- Navigate the vCenter Operations Manager 5.0 user interface.
- Use heat maps and create a custom heat map.
- Use smart alerts to detect system issues.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Introduction (2 topics)
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Introduction to vCenter Operations Manager (2 topics)
- Understand the role of Operations Management in the cloud era
- Understand the vCenter Operations Manager suite and its packaging
Architecture and Concepts (4 topics)
- Understand the vCenter Operations Manager application architecture data collection methodology
- Learn how vCenter Operations Manager collects data
- Master the main components of the Dashboard view
- Navigate the objects tree and understand the Badge pane
Working with Dashboards and Badges (5 topics)
- Understand the function of major and minor badges
- Use the Health major badge
- Use the Risk major badge
- Use the Efficiency major badge
- Use the Operations tab to navigate to details
Analyzing with Heat Maps (1 topic)
- Work with predefined and custom heatmaps through the Analysis tab
Working with Smart Alerts (2 topics)
- Configure and use smart alerts
- Set up email notifications
Working with Capacity Planning and Reports (2 topics)
- Schedule, use, and export predefined capacity management reports
- Perform what-if analysis
Installing and Configuring vCenter Operations Manager (3 topics)
- Understand and meet preinstallation requirements
- Install vCenter Operations Manager
- Configure vCenter Operations Manager to gather data from its environment
- Hands-on experience administering vSphere 5 deployments
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5] recommended