Access 2010 Level 4
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course is designed for students who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of Microsoft Access 2010, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skills. The course is also for students who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
You will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Share Access data with other applications
- Use VBA to automate a business process
- Create and modify a database switchboard and set the startup options
- Secure and distribute databases
- Share databases using a SharePoint site.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Integrating Access into Your Business (4 topics)
- Topic 1A: Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Topic 1B: Export Access Data to the XML Format
- Topic 1C: Export Data to an Outlook Address Book
- Topic 1D: Collect Data Through Email Messages
Automating a Business Process with VBA (4 topics)
- Topic 2A: Create a Standard Module
- Topic 2B: Develop Code
- Topic 2C: Call a Procedure from a Form
- Topic 2D: Run a Procedure
Managing Switchboards (3 topics)
- Topic 3A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic 3B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic 3C: Set the Startup Options
Distributing and Securing Databases (5 topics)
- Topic 4A: Split a Database
- Topic 4B: Implement Security
- Topic 4C: Set Passwords
- Topic 4D: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic 4E: Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site (5 topics)
- Topic 5A: Export a Table to a SharePoint List
- Topic 5B: Import Data from a SharePoint List
- Topic 5C: Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5D: Move a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5E: Work Offline
- To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2010: Level 4, the following courses or equivalent knowledge is recommended: Microsoft Office Access 2010: Levels 1, 2 and 3 (DAC10L1, DAC10L2, DAC10L3).
- An understanding of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of data formats including XML
- Create and populate forms with basic controls
- Understand database distribution and security concepts
- Awareness of the VBA development environment
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Access 2010 Level 1
Examine the basic database concepts, and create and modify databases and their various objects with this 1-day Access 2010 Level 1 training course.
Access 2010 Level 2
Maintain data consistency, customise database components, and share Access data with other applications on the Access 2010 Level 2 training course.
Access 2010 Level 3
This 1-day Access 2010 Level 3 training course provides delegates with the skills to create complex Access databases and perform database maintenance