Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 2
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This 5-day course is designed to provide network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills required to implement and support a provider network (P-network).
The course focuses on using Cisco switches and routers that are connected in LANs and WANs and that are typically found in the P-network. Upon completing this course, learners will be able to configure, verify, and troubleshoot the various Cisco networking devices.
The course also includes classroom activities with remote labs that are useful to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS/IOS XE Software and Cisco IOS XR Software features to operate and support the P-network.
This course is aimed at network Engineers operating in a Service Provider environment and individuals looking to achieve the Cisco Certified Network Associate SP Certification.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the Cisco IP Next-Generation Network (Cisco IP NGN) architecture
- Expand a small, switched LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and Spanning Tree Protocol
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a P-network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network
- Implement internal and external routing protocols: OSPF, IS-IS, and BGP
- Describe and implement basic MPLS
- Determine how to apply ACLs that are based on network requirements, and implement ACLs on a P-network
- Describe when to use NAT and implement NAT on Cisco routers
- Describe basic IPv6 concepts and use different configuration scenarios to implement IPv6
- Describe the fundamentals of Cisco IOS XR technology
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Service Provider Network Construction (3 topics)
- Introduction to Service Providers
- Cisco IP NGN Architecture
- Cisco Hardware Platform Placement
Advanced LAN Switching (4 topics)
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Spanning Tree Protocol Enhancements
- Routing Between VLANs
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols
Internal Service Provider Traffic Forwarding (5 topics)
- Link-State Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
- Implementing IS-IS
- Implementing Route Redistribution
- MPLS Basics
External Service Provider Routing (5 topics)
- Introducing BGP
- Understanding BGP Path Attributes
- Establishing BGP Sessions
- Processing BGP Routes
- Configuring Basic BGP
ACLs and IP Address Translation (2 topics)
- Applying Access Control Lists
- Transitioning to IPv6
Cisco IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR Software (3 topics)
- Describing Cisco IOS XR Software Architecture and Features
- Explaining Software Maintenance Operations on Cisco IOS XR and Cisco IOS XE
- Explaining Configuration Management with Cisco IOS XR Software
Labs (7 topics)
- Lab 2-1: Configure Advanced Switching
- Lab 2-2: Configure Inter-VLAN Routing and Gateway Redundancy
- Lab 3-1: Implement OSPF
- Lab 3-2: Implement IS-IS
- Lab 4-1: Configure Basic BGP
- Lab 5-1: Implement ACLs
- Lab 6-1: Manage Cisco IOS XR Software Package
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR software configuration
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in the Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1) course
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1
This 5-day course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required to support a service provider network.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.