Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Advanced Routing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This 5 day course is designed to provide network engineers and technicians with the knowledge and skills required to implement and support a service provider network. Cisco routers typically found in the service provider network are used for this course. Upon completing this course, learners will be able to configure, verify, and troubleshoot advanced Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) configuration, IP multicasting, and IPv6 transition mechanisms.
Hands on labs are used to gain practical skills on deploying Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software features to operate and support the service provider network.
This course is intended primarily for network administrators, network engineers, network managers and systems engineers who would like to implement IP routing in service provider environments.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Configure the provider network to support multiple BGP connections with customers and other autonomous systems
- Describe common routing and addressing scalability issues in the provider network
- Describe available BGP tools and features to secure and optimize the BGP routing protocol in a service provider environment
- Introduce IP multicast services and the technologies that are present in IP multicasting
- Introduce PIM-SM as the most current scalable IP multicast routing protocol
- Describe service provider IPv6 transition implementations
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Service Provider Connectivity with BGP (2 topics)
- Defining Customer-to-Provider Connectivity Requirements
- Connecting a Customer to a Service Provider
Scale Service Provider Networks (2 topics)
- Scaling BGP in Service Provider Networks
- Introducing BGP Route Reflectors and Confederations
Secure and Optimize BGP (3 topics)
- Implementing Advanced BGP Operations
- Improving BGP Convergence
- Improving BGP Configuration Scalability
Multicast Overview (4 topics)
- Introducing IP Multicast
- Defining Multicast Distribution Trees and Forwarding
- Multicast on the LAN
- Populating the Mroute Table
Intradomain and Interdomain Multicast Routing (4 topics)
- Introducing the PIM-SM Protocol
- Implementing PIM-SM Enhancements
- Implementing Interdomain IP Multicast
- Identifying Rendezvous Point Distribution Solutions
Service Provider IPv6 Transition Implementations (3 topics)
- Introducing IPv6 Services
- Defining IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Deploying IPv6 in the Service Provider Network
Labs (10 topics)
- Lab 2-1: Implement BGP Route Reflectors
- Lab 3-1: Implement BGP Security Options
- Lab 3-2: Improve BGP Scalability
- Lab 4-1: Implement Layer 2 and Layer 3 Multicast
- Lab 5-1: Enable and Optimize PIM-SM
- Lab 5-2: Implement PIM-SM Enhancements
- Lab 5-3: Implement Rendezvous Point Distribution
- Lab 6-1: Implement a DHCPv6 Server with Prefix Delegation
- Lab 6-2: Implement IPv6 Multicasting
- Lab 6-3: Implement Tunnels for IPv6
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1 Version 1.1 (CICND1)
- Basic knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS XE, and IOS XR Software configuration
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing (CSPROUTE)
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing
This 5-day course provides delegates with the knowledge and skills required to implement advanced routing when providing scalability on Cisco routers connected to LANs and WANs.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.