Deploying Cisco Service Provider Network Routing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This 5-day course is designed to provide service provider professionals with the knowledge and skills required to implement advanced routing when providing scalability on Cisco routers connected to LANs and WANs.
Use of these techniques should reduce the need to redesign the network when additional sites or wiring configurations are added. Hands-on labs provide the practice required to underline the advance routing concepts and methodologies, as well as providing practical experience with the Ciso IOS/IOS XE and IOS XR features required to support a Service Provider network.
This course is designed for network administrators, network engineers, network managers, and systems engineers who are involved in the implementation and configuartion of IP routing in a service provider environment as well as individuals looking for CCNP Service Provider accreditation.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Identify the typical routing requirements and list the routing protocols in service provider networks
- Describe steps needed to implement OSPF in the service provider network
- Describe the importance of the Integrated IS-IS routing protocol for internal routing and list the steps in implementing Integrated IS-IS into the service provider network
- Implement BGP to connect an enterprise to a service provider, and a service provider to an upstream service provider
- Describe tools used for routing protocol manipulation, route redistribution, and BGP route selection
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Service Provider Routing (1 topic)
- Understanding Service Provider Routing Protocols
Implement OSPF in the Service Provider Network (4 topics)
- Introducing OSPF Routing
- Understanding OSPF Operation
- Implementing OSPF Routing
- Implementing OSPF Special Area Types
Implement Integrated IS-IS in the Service Provider Network (2 topics)
- Introducing IS-IS Routing
- Implementing Integrated IS-IS Routing
Implement BGP in the Service Provider Network (2 topics)
- Introducing BGP Routing
- Implementing Basic BGP Routing
Routing Protocol Tools and Route Manipulation (3 topics)
- Introducing Routing Protocol Tools
- Implementing Route Redistribution
- Influencing BGP Route Selection
Labs: (6 topics)
- Lab 2-1: Implement OSPF Routing
- Lab 2-2: Implement OSPF Special Area Types
- Lab 3-1: Implement Integrated IS-IS Routing
- Lab 4-1: Implement Basic BGP Routing
- Lab 5-1: Implement Route Redistribution
- Lab 5-2: Influence BGP Route Selection
- Intermediate knowledge of Cisco IOS/IOS XE and Cisco IOS XR Software configuration
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next-Generation Networks, Part 1 (SPNGN1)
- Skills and knowledge that are equivalent to those learned in Building Cisco Service Provider Next Generation Networks, Part 2 (SPNGN2)
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.