M10747: Administering System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This five-day instructor-led course provides candidates with the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager site and its associated site systems in the role of Configuration Manager administrators.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Describe the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager feature set.
- Discover and organize resources.
- Manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Manage inventory and software metering.
- Query and report data.
- Manage software deployments by using packages and programs.
- Create and deploy applications.
- Manage application deployment.
- Deploy and manage software updates.
- Implement System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Deploy operating systems by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Manage compliance settings on devices.
- Manage mobile devices.
- Configure Wake On LAN, Power Management, and Remote Control.
This course is intended for Configuration Manager Administrators who are responsible for configuring and managing one or more System Center 2012 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They should have one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running the Windows Server operating system in medium to large enterprise organizations. Administrators may have previous Configuration Manager experience, or be new to the product.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager (4 topics)
- Introduction to System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Overview of the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Console
- Tools for Monitoring a Configuration Manager Site
Discovering and Organizing Resources (4 topics)
- Configuring Resource Discovery
- Configuring Boundaries and Boundary Groups
- Configuring User and Device Collections
- Configuring Role-Based Administration
Managing the Configuration Manager Client (4 topics)
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager Client
- Managing Client Agent Settings
- Configuring and Monitoring Client Status
Managing Inventory and Software Metering (6 topics)
- Overview of Inventory Collection
- Configuring Hardware Inventory
- Configuring Software Inventory
- Managing Inventory Collection
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
- Configuring Software Metering
Querying and Reporting Data (3 topics)
- Introduction to Queries
- Managing Queries
- Configuring SQL Server Reporting Services
Managing Software Deployments by Using Packages and Programs (4 topics)
- Configuring Software Distribution
- Distributing Content to Distribution Points
- Configuring Packages and Programs
- Deploying Programs to Configuration Manager Clients
Creating and Deploying Applications (4 topics)
- Application Management in System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Creating Applications
- Deploying Applications
- Configuring the Application Catalog
Managing Application Deployment (3 topics)
- Configuring Application Deployment Requirements and Dependencies
- Configuring Application Supersedence and Un-installations
- Configuring Multiple Deployment Types and User Device Affinity
Deploying and Managing Software Updates (5 topics)
- Overview of Software Updates
- Preparing the Configuration Manager Site for Software Updates
- Managing Software Updates
- Configuring Automatic Deployment Rules
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting Software Updates
Implementing System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection (2 topics)
- Overview of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
- Deploying System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
Managing Operating System Deployment (4 topics)
- Overview of Operating System Deployment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Capturing an Operating System Image
- Deploying an Operating System
Managing Compliance Settings (3 topics)
- Introduction to Compliance Settings
- Configuring Compliance Settings
- Viewing Compliance Results
Managing Mobile Devices (3 topics)
- Configuring Mobile Device Management
- Depth Management of Mobile Devices
- Deploying Applications to Mobile Devices
Configuring Wake On LAN, Power Management, and Remote Control (4 topics)
- Configuring Wake On LAN
- Configuring Out of Band Management
- Configuring Power Management Settings
- Configuring Remote Control
Before attending this course, students must have system administratorÃ¢â‚¬â€œlevel working knowledge of:
- Networking fundamentals, including TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Active Directory principles and management
- Windows Server management including Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft Windows client fundamentals
- Deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting for Windows-based personal computers
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 including Reporting Services
- Basic Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) concepts
- Desired: Have a base-level understanding of System Center Configuration Manager 2007