Check Point Security Administrator R75 and Expert R75 Bootcamp
This course has been retired. Please view currently available Check Point Training Courses.
Introduction to Check Point Technology (3 topics)
- Describe Check Point's unified approach to network management and the key elements of this architecture
- Design a distributed environment using the network detailed in the course topology
- Install the Security Gateway version R75 in a distributed environment using the network detailed in the course topology
Deployment Platforms (3 topics)
- Given network specifications, perform a backup and restore the current Gateway installation from the command line
- Identify critical files needed to purge or backup, import and export users and groups and add or delete administrators from the command line
- Deploy Gateways using sysconfig and cpconfig from the Gateway command line
Introduction to the Security Policy (6 topics)
- Given the network topology, create and configure network, host and gateway objects
- Verify SIC establishment between the Security Management Server and the Gateway using SmartDashboard
- Create a basic Rule Base in SmartDashboard that includes permissions for administrative users, external services, and LAN outbound use
- Configure NAT rules on Web and Gateway servers
- Evaluate existing policies and optimize the rules based on current corporate requirements
- Maintain the Security Management Server with scheduled backups and policy versions to ensure seamless upgrades with minimal downtime
Monitoring Traffic and Connections (7 topics)
- Use Queries in SmartView Tracker to monitor IPS and common network traffic and troubleshoot events using packet data
- Using packet data on a given corporate network, generate reports, troubleshoot system and security issues, and ensure network functionality
- Using SmartView Monitor, configure alerts and traffic counters, view a Gateway's status, monitor suspicious activity rules, analyze tunnel activity and monitor remote user access based on corporate requirements
- Using SmartUpdate
- Monitor remote Gateways using SmartUpdate to evaluate the need for upgrades, new installations, and license modifications
- Use SmartUpdate to apply upgrade packages to single or multiple VPN-1 Gateways
- Upgrade and attach product licenses using SmartUpdate
User Management and Authentication (2 topics)
- Centrally manage users to ensure only authenticated users securely access the corporate network either locally or remotely
- Manage users to access the corporate LAN by using external databases
Identity Awareness (4 topics)
- Use Identity Awareness to provide granular level access to network resources
- Acquire user information used by the Security Gateway to control access
- Define Access Roles for use in an Identity Awareness rule
- Implement Identity Awareness in the Firewall Rule Base
Introduction to Check Point VPNs (3 topics)
- Configure a pre-shared secret site-to-site VPN with partner sites
- Configure permanent tunnels for remote access to corporate resources
- Configure VPN tunnel sharing, given the difference between host-based, subunit-based and gateway-based tunnels
Advanced Firewall (1 topic)
- Using your knowledge of Security Gateway infrastructure including chain modules, packet flow and kernel tables, perform debugs on firewall processes.
Advanced Upgrading (3 topics)
- Perform a backup of a Security Gateway and Management Server using your understanding of the differences between backups, snapshots, and upgrade-exports.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a Management Server using a database migration.
- Upgrade and troubleshoot a clustered Security Gateway deployment.
Advanced User Management (3 topics)
- Using an external user database such as LDAP, configure SmartDirectory to incorporate user information for authentication services on the network.
- Manage internal and external user access to resources for Remote Access or across a VPN.
- Troubleshoot user access issues found when implementing Identity Awareness.
Advanced Clustering and Acceleration (4 topics)
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL Load Sharing deployment on an enterprise network.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a ClusterXL High Availability deployment on an enterprise network.
- Build, test and troubleshoot a management HA deployment on an enterprise network.
- Configure, maintain and troubleshoot SecureXL and CoreXL acceleration solutions on the corporate network traffic to ensure noted performance enhancement on the firewall.
Advanced IPsec VPN and Remote Access (3 topics)
- Using your knowledge of fundamental VPN tunnel concepts, troubleshoot a site-to-site or certificate-based VPN on a corporate gateway using IKEView, VPN log files and command-line debug tools.
- Optimize VPN performance and availability by using Link Selection and Multiple Entry Point solutions.
- Manage and test corporate VPN tunnels to allow for greater monitoring and scalability with multiple tunnels defined in a community including other VPN providers.
Delegates need to have attended Check Point training on CCSE R60 or later versions. If delegates do not meet this requirement but feel they have the relevant experience and technical knowledge then we will need the trainer to speak with the delegate before confirming a booking.