Certificate in Information Security Management Principles
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This certification is accredited by the Information Systems Examination Board, ISEB a division of the British Computer Society.
The 5-day course will provide you with the knowledge and understanding of the main principals required to be an effective member of an information security team with security responsibilities as part of your day to day role. It will also prepare individuals who are thinking of moving into information security or related functions.
The achieved qualification will prove that the holder has a good knowledge and basic understanding of the wide range of subject areas that make up information security management.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Individuals who need to gain a qualification, recognised by the industry
- Individuals who have information security responsibilities as part of their day to day role
- Individuals who are thinking of moving into an information security or related function
- Project managers and IT support personnel responsible for incorporating security measures within their IT systems and need to appreciate the many business requirements for security.
- Knowledge of the concepts relating to information security management (confidentiality, availability, vulnerability, threats, risks and countermeasures etc.)
- Understanding of current legislation and regulations which impact upon information security management in the UK; Awareness of current national and international standards, frameworks and organisations which facilitate the management of information security.
- Understanding of the current business and technical environments in which information security management has to operate.
- Knowledge of the categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Information Security Principles (2 topics)
- Concepts and Definitions
- The need for, and benefits of, Information Security
Information Risk (2 topics)
- Threats to, and Vulnerabilities of information systems
- Risk Management
Information Security Framework (8 topics)
- Information Security Management
- Organisation & responsibilities
- Policy, standards & procedures
- Information Security Governance
- Security Incident Management including Investigations and Forensics
- Information Security Implementation
- Legal Framework
- Security Standards and Procedures
Information Security Controls (12 topics)
- Protection from Malicious Software
- User Access Controls
- Networks and Communications
- External Services
- IT Infrastructure
- Testing, Audit & Review
- Systems Development and Support
- Role of Cryptography
- Physical & Environmental Security
- Business Continuity Management
A minimum of 12 months experience in any IT job. Each delegate will also need to submit a candidate application form before doing the examination.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.