BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles Total Learning
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This course is for security professionals who want to begin their certification journey within the Information Security field by attaining a BCS accredited qualification in Information Security Management Principles.
Learners will be Security Professionals who are looking to begin their certification and badging journey in the Cyber Security field. Alternatively, they could be learners who are looking to begin their career in Cyber Security by learning about Information Security principles and practices.
In this Total Learning course, learners will have the best of both digital and live learning to learn the fundamental skills needed to secure information whilst also adequately preparing themselves for official certification. This includes digital learning designed (either exam focused or skills), including sample exam questions, quizzes, and combination of video and written content.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Recognise why information security is required.
- Identify Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts and definitions
- Define information risk management
- Recognise corporate governance and organisational responsibilities, policies, standards, and procedures
- Specify relevant ISO and IEC standards
- Recognise information security controls
- Appreciate incident management and legal frameworks
- Identify areas of cryptography
- Investigate data communications and networks, physical security and security auditing, training, and awareness
- Recognise business continuity and disaster recovery
- Identify areas of testing, audit and review and system development
- Examine security investigations and forensics
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
This Total Learning course consists of three key stages, all explained during a 1-hour virtual kick off session, which includes a Q&A session:
Digital stage: 25 hours structured digital self-paced learning, completed over a minimum of 3 weeks. (27 topics)
- The Digital stage is divided into seven Learning Paths:
- Learning Path 1: An introduction to information risk management
- Learning Path 2: Information security framework
- Learning Path 3: Security Lifecycle
- Learning Path 4: Procedural and people security
- Learning Path 5: Technical and Security Controls
- Learning Path 6: Introduction to Cryptography
- Learning Path 7: Physical and Environmental Controls
- These Learning Paths cover:
- Information Risk Management
- Risk Management Lifecycle & Treatment
- Introduction to the Information Security Framework
- Security Strategy and Legislation
- Information Assurance & Standards
- Information Lifecycle & Testing
- Testing, Audit and Review
- Procedural and People Security Controls
- Protection from Malware
- Network Communications
- External Services
- Virtualisation and Cloud Computing
- IT Infrastructure Security
- Physical & Environmental Controls
- Security Incident Management
- Business Continuity Management and Disaster Recovery
- Preparing for the Exam
Live stage: 3 day virtual event. (33 topics)
- In the Live Event, a facilitator supports learners, as they explore case studies and scenarios to develop and deepen the knowledge and skills they gained in the Digital stage.
- The Live event is highly collaborative, and learners interact with one another and the facilitator using Miro, an online collaboration tool. Learners will also complete daily quizzes to help consolidate what they learn.
- The Live event will also help learners prepare for the CISMP exam: a mock exam provides exam day practice, and the facilitator will share tips and techniques to build exam day confidence.
- Day 1 Exercises
- Cyber Kill Chain scenario
- Recap Confidentiality. Integrity and availability
- Threat Management and Conduct scenario
- Mobile phone security scenario
- Security Architecture scenario
- Supply Chain security scenario
- Common Criteria scenario (ISO15408)
- Recap Data Classification
- Intellectual property Rights (Patent, Trademark, Trade secret and copyright) scenario
- New Database Scenario
- Day 2 Exercises
- Insider threat Scenario
- Permission Creep Scenario
- DDOS attack activity
- Threat Vector (offensive/defensive) Scenario
- Training Plan for a Security Operations centre Scenario
- Virus Containment Scenario
- Recap Cyber- Firewalls/Honeypots/AI/Machine Learning
- Recap Cryptography
- Disposal of equipment Scenario
- Forensic Readiness Plan
- Day 3 Exercises
- Ransomware scenario (Based on a real-world example)
- 'White Tailed Eagle' scenarios (threats/Vulnerabilities/ISO 27001/Business Impact Assessment/risk assessments/ Information assurance/end user code of practice)
- Mock exam quiz to help delegates prepare for their CISMP exam.
The BCS CISMP Exam (3 topics)
- The course will prepare leaners for the BCS Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (BCS CISMP) through practical learning and mock exam preparation.
- The exam consists of 100 multiple choice questions to be completed in a 2-hour exam, with learners needing 65% (65/100) to attain certification.
- Exam is to be booked and taken outside of the Live Event to allow learners to adequately prepare before taking the exam.
A minimum of 12 months experience in any IT job. Each delegate will also need to submit a candidate application form before doing the examination.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.