Preparing for the CAPM® certification
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This highly interactive three day course explains how projects can be managed using the Process Groups and Knowledge Areas that have been defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. It is suitable for anyone who requires a working knowledge of globally recognized best practice in project management, particularly those working towards the Certified Associate in Project Management certification (CAPM).
Using elements from QA’s ‘Performance Based Learning’ approach, we help you to not only know the PMI framework, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to the PMI approach. Our expert trainers explain the framework through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning ‘games’ and practice exam questions.
Throughout the course, delegates will participate in Q&A sessions that will help consolidate the learning and ensure adequate preparation for the subsequent examination.
High quality courseware which includes ‘A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK® Guide Sixth Edition’
Delegates will learn how to:
- Define the role of the project manager
- List the key initiating activities that help determine whether to start and/or continue with a project
- Create a detailed plan for the project which will include scope, schedule and cost baselines as well as the management strategies for the project
- Describe the purpose of quality planning, assurance and control
- Identify, analyse and manage project risks
- Explain a number of reporting and control techniques that can be used to help execute the project
- Describe the interpersonal skills that will help engage and manage the team and other stakeholders
- List the key activities that will bring the project to an orderly close
- Explain the trends and emerging practices within project management
- Identify the tailoring considerations when applying PMI’s framework, including its application within adaptive and agile environments
The CAPM exam is not part of this course and delegates must arrange the exam directly with PMI. The exam will take place at a designated test centre or can be arranged via an online proctored examination. Full details of the 150-question, three hours, online examination and the application process can be found at www.pmi.org.
PMI®, PMBOK® and CAPM® are all marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Project Management Framework (1 topic)
- A generic introduction to project management and the overall structure of the PMBOK® Guide. The benefits of adopting a formal project management approach will also be outlined.
Process Groups (6 topics)
- Monitoring and Controlling
- The iterative implementation of these activities helps ensure that projects are delivered in a structured manner.
Knowledge Areas (10 topics)
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Schedule Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
No formal prerequisites exist for this course although some prior exposure to project-related work would be useful. The full list of prerequisites for undertaking the CAPM exam and the application process can be found at www.pmi.org. Delegates who apply for the exam after attending the course can use this event in order to meet the PMI's requirement for 23 hours of formal project management training before being accepted to sit the exam; the alternative pre-requisite being 1500 hours experience of projects, not necessarily in a leading role.
Delegates are not provided with formal pre-reading before this course. PMI members can obtain a personal PDF copy of the PMBOK® Guide 6th Edition. Delegates would benefit from familiarising themselves with its content prior to attending the course.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.