APM Project Risk Certificate Level 1 Workshop
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
The Association for Project Management (APM) is the UK’s leading professional body for Project Managers and the largest independent professional body of its kind in Europe. It has over 15,000 individual and 400 corporate members throughout the UK and abroad. Risk management is a distinct and specific area within the APM Body of Knowledge (APM BoK) and a key control function within any project or programme.
All projects contain risks and the effective management of risk can have a significant impact on the success of projects. This course covers the benefits of managing project risks, the principles including the process and its application, organisational and control aspects. The exam syllabus is primarily based on the APM BoK, the APM PRAM Guide, and BS6079 Parts 1 & 3.
Please note that it is recommended that you do 15 hours pre reading before attending. We need to send out a hardback copy of the pre course reading material, that will take up to 72 hours to arrive. Please leave time when booking.
Delegates will learn how to:
- State the key principles of risk management
- Write good risk descriptions
- Plan effective risk reduction actions
- Use a wide range of techniques to keep the process active
- Apply risk management at both the project and portfolio (programme) level
- Apply quantitative assessment techniques to project schedules
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Contents (11 topics)
- Overview of project risk management
- Define and focus
- Risk identification
- Qualitative risk analysis
- Risk planning, assessment and reporting
- Programme and corporate risk management
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Advanced quantitative risk analysis
- Human and cultural dimension in risk management
- Risk management
- APM Risk Certificate Level 1 exam
Project and programme managers who are involved in project risk management at any level, hold the Association for Project Management APMP qualification, or have a good understanding of project management and a basic understanding of the fundamental concepts of project risk management.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
This 5-day training course covers the skills required in preparation for the APM Professional (APMP) examination, based on the APM Body of Knowledge.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.