Java SE7 Programming
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The second of two courses that cover the Java Standard Edition 7 (Java SE 7) Platform, this course covers the core Application Programming Interfaces you will use to design object-oriented applications with Java. Learn to create class files that subclass other classes, extend abstract classes, and program with interfaces. Learn how to properly use exceptions, how to use the Collections framework, and develop applications that manipulate files, directories and file systems. This course also covers writing database programs with JDBC and JPA, and how to correctly write multi-threaded applications.
Practice your skills with labs that range from simple to complex and with experienced instructors who will answer your questions and guide your learning experience. The course features the latest JDK7 API's and tools. Use this course to further develop your skills with the Java language and prepare for the Oracle Certified Professional, Java SE 7 Programmer Exam!.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Execute a Java technology application from the command line
- Create applications that use the Java Collections framework
- Implement error-handling techniques using exception handling
- Implement input/output (I/O) functionality to read from and write to data and text files and understand advanced I/O streams
- Manipulate files, directories and file systems using the JDK7 NIO.2 specification
- Perform multiple operations on database tables, including creating, reading, updating and deleting using both JDBC and JPA technology
- Process strings using a variety of regular expressions
- Create high-performing multi-threaded applications that avoid deadlock
- Localize Java applications.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Java Platform Overview (8 topics)
- Course Schedule
- Java Overview
- Java Platforms
- Java in Server Environments
- The Java Community Process
Java Syntax and Class Review (7 topics)
- Java syntax review
- Java control statements
- What is a class?
- Using a class
- Access control
Java Class Design (6 topics)
- Using access modifiers
- The instanceof modifier
- Overloading methods
- Overloading constructors
- Java single inheritance
Advanced Class Design (5 topics)
- Identifying abstract classes form a business problem
- Field modifier best practices
- Designing a Singleton class
- Designing abstract classes
- Nested classes
Inheritance with Java Interfaces (5 topics)
- Java Interfaces
- Types of Inheritance
- Creating a maintainable design using interfaces
- Implementing multiple interfaces
- The DAO pattern
Collections and Generics (8 topics)
- What is the Collections Framework?
- A classic list
- What are generics
- Generic lists
- Using generic Set and Map
- Ordering collections
- Enum classes
String Processing (8 topics)
- Process Strings with StringBuilder and StringBuffer
- Key String methods
- Parse test in Java
- Read input with Scanner
- Write text with PrintWriter
- Regular expressions in Java
- Using the Pattern object
- Using the Matcher object
Exceptions and Assertions (8 topics)
- Exceptions categories
- Standard Java Exeption classes
- Creating your own Exception classes
- Using try-catch
- Using the finally clause
- The multi-catch
- Best practices
- Assertions overview
I/O Fundamentals (6 topics)
- What is I/O in Java?
- Reading and using the command line arguments
- Reading the console input stream
- Writing to the console
- Using I/O Streams
- Reading and writing objects
File I/O with NIO 2 (6 topics)
- What is a File Path?
- Using the Files class
- Directory and File operations
- Managing file system attributes
- Reading, writing, and creating files
- Watching for file system changes
Database Applications with JDBC (6 topics)
- What is the JDBC interface?
- Connecting through the JDBC interface
- Java Types to SQL types
- Writing queries and returning results
- What is a Data Access Object?
- Using JDK7 Rowset types (JDK 7)
Database Applications with JPA (5 topics)
- What is the Java Persistence API?
- Entity Overview
- Creating an Entitity
- Entity Manager and Peristence Context
- CRUD Operations
Concurrency (8 topics)
- What is concurrency?
- Recognizing multithreaded environments
- Variable scope and multi-threaded code
- Thread synchronization
- Creating guard blocks
- Immutable objects
- Using java.util.concurrent
Localization (5 topics)
- Why localize a system?
- Localization defined
- Using the Locale object
- Create a message bundle for multiple locales
- Format messages, dates, and numbers with Java
Java SE7 Fundamentals or equivalent experience.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .