Java SE7 New Features
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This new feature course delves into the major changes and enhancement in Oracle Java SE 7 release. This course is meant for the Java professionals who are already proficient with developing Java programs by using Java SE 6 or earlier Java SE platforms. This course will enable them to delve into the new features and enhancements in the Java SE 7 platform, and start using it to develop Java applications.
Delegates will learn how to:
- Implement the small language enhancements in your code
- Implement the dynamic language support
- Enable concurrency and collections enhancements in your code
- Implement the enhancements in network and file system access
- Describe and leverage the enhancements in JDK 7 platform.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of JDK7 Platform (3 topics)
- JDK 7 Platform: OS Support
- JDK 7 Platform: Browser Support
- Overview of the new featues
Language Enhancements (6 topics)
- Strings in Switch
- The try-with-resources Statement
- Type inference for generic instance creation
- Implemeting binary literals
- Catching multiple exception types and rethrowing exceptions with improved type checking
- Improved varargs method invocations
Core Technologies Enhancements (8 topics)
- Support for dynamically-typed languages
- Enhancements in the class-loader architecture
- Enhancement in the swing package
- Optimized Java2D rendering
- Enhancement in the XML stack
- Collections framework enhancements
- Concurrency utilities enhancements
- Support for JDBC 4.1 and RowSet 1.1
I/O and Network Enhancements (5 topics)
- New APIs for file system access
- The java.nio.file package
- Describe Stream Control Transmission Protocol
- Describe Sockets Direct Protocol
- Use the Windows Vista IPv6 stack
Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language, Java SE6 (SL-110-SE6) or equivalent knowledge.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language (SE6)
The Fundamentals of the Java Programming Language course 5-day training course offers an excellent introduction to programming using the Java languageScheduled Online Onsite