Java SE8 Fundamentals
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This Java SE 8 Fundamentals training introduces you to object-oriented programming using the Java language. Through hands-on exercises, you'll begin to build a baseline of knowledge to propel your career in development.
By enrolling in this course, you'll expand your knowledge of Java SE 8, while building your Java skill set. You'll build a solid basis in the Java programming language upon which to base continued work and training.
- Use Java programming language constructs to create a Java technology application.
- Use decision and looping constructs and methods to dictate program flow.
- Understand basic object oriented concepts such as inheritance, encapsulation, and abstraction.
- Use and manipulate object references, and to write simple error handling code.
- Use the new SE 8 java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time.
- Specify a data modification by passing a predicate lambda expression to the Collections class.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Write Java code that uses variables, arrays, conditional and loop constructs
- Manipulate primitive numeric data and string data using Java operators
- Create Java classes and use object references
- Access the fields and methods of an object
- Manipulate text data using the methods of the String and StringBuilder classes
- Use casting without losing precision or causing errors
- Declare, override, and invoke methods
- Access and create static fields and methods
- Use classes from the java.time and java.time.format packages to format and print the local date and time
- Encapsulate a class using access modifiers and overloaded constructors
- Define and implement a simple class hierarchy
- Demonstrate polymorphism by implementing a Java Interface
- Use a Predicate Lambda expression as the argument to a method
- Handle a checked exception in a Java application
- Application Developers
- Web Administrator
- Project Manager
- System Administrator
- Technical Administrator
- Technical Consultant
- Team Leader
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
What Is a Java Program? (4 topics)
- Introduction to Computer Programs
- Key Features of the Java Language
- The Java Technology and Development Environment
- Running/testing a Java program
Creating a Java Main Class (2 topics)
- Java Classes
- The main Method
Data In the Cart (4 topics)
- Introducing variables
- Working with Strings
- Working with numbers
- Manipulating numeric data
Managing Multiple Items (3 topics)
- Working with Conditions
- Working with a List of Items
- Processing a list of items
Describing Objects and Classes (7 topics)
- Working with objects and classes
- Defining fields and methods
- Declaring, Instantiating, and Initializing Objects
- Working with Object References
- Doing more with Arrays
- Introducing the NetBeans IDE
- Introducing the Soccer League Use Case
Manipulating and Formatting the Data in Your Program (6 topics)
- Using the String Class
- Using the Java API Docs
- Using the StringBuilder Class
- More about primitive data types
- The remaining numeric operators
- Promoting and casting variables
Creating and Using Methods (5 topics)
- Using methods
- Method arguments and return values
- Static methods and variables
- How Arguments are Passed to a Method
- Overloading a method
Using Encapsulation (3 topics)
- Access Control
- Overloading constructors
More on Conditionals (4 topics)
- Relational and conditional operators
- More ways to use if/else constructs
- Using Switch Statements
- Using the NetBeans Debugger
More on Arrays and Loops (6 topics)
- Working with Dates
- Parsing the args Array
- Two-dimensional Arrays
- Alternate Looping Constructs
- Nesting Loops
- The ArrayList class
Using Inheritance (5 topics)
- Overview of inheritance
- Working with subclasses and superclasses
- Overriding methods in the superclass
- Introducing polymorphism
- Creating and extending abstract classes
Using Interfaces (4 topics)
- Polymorphism in the JDK foundation classes
- Using Interfaces
- Using the List Interface
- Introducing Lambda expressions
Handling Exceptions (4 topics)
- Handling Exceptions: An overview
- Propagation of exceptions
- Catching and throwing exceptions
- Handling multiple exceptions and errors
Although this is an introductory course to Java Programming, it is recommended that anyone wishing to attend this course already has some basic knowledge of programming concepts, such as logic loops, conditional testing, declarations for storage and manipulation of data and failing that knowledge, potential delegates are confident in their basic mathematical, logical, and analytical problem-solving skills.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Attend From Anywhere
Manchester (Oxford St)