VMware vCloud: Overview
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course demonstrates to technical personnel how the VMware vCloud solution delivers IT services in a cloud environment. The course focuses on enterprise usage in a private cloud but also includes information on how this approach supports moving to a hybrid or public cloud. Students perform hands-on labs to understand how IT resources are delivered and consumed in a vCloud environment. Instructors demonstrate the basics of how the vCloud solution abstracts, allocates, and meters IT resources in a vCloud environment.
This course is not VMware vCloud Director system administration training. The focus is on demonstrating the features and benefits of the vCloud solution rather than the details of how to install, configure, and manage the components.
At the end of the course, you should gain an understanding of the functionality and benefits of the vCloud solution, including:
- How cloud computing benefits both IT departments and their end users
- How the VMware® product portfolio supports the cloud computing approach
- How IT resources are delivered, consumed, metered, and secured in a vCloud environment
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Introduction (3 topics)
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course goals
- Course learning objectives
Introducing VMware vCloud (6 topics)
- Discuss some characteristics of delivering IT services in the cloud for consumers and providers
- Name the three cloud deployment environments
- Name the three types of services delivered in the cloud and to which type a given VMware product relates
- Recognize the VMware vCloud Director constructs used to abstract, allocate, and deliver resource in a VMware vCloud implementation
- Discuss the purpose of each of the vCloud components
- List some of the benefits that cloud computing offers to IT organizations
IT Server Delivery (4 topics)
- Describe how organization administrators deliver IT resources in a vCloud environment
- Manage and control access to content components, including catalogs, vApps, vApp templates, and media
- Explain how to share content between organizations
- Describe the purpose of leases, quotas, and limits
Building a Private Cloud (8 topics)
- Summarize the eight basic tasks to provision and allocate resources.
- Describe how each of the three resource allocation models allocate resources to a organization vDC.
- Describe the three types of networks used in a private cloud.
- Discuss the function of network pools.
- Compare the three network pool backing options.
- Name the three types of organization networks.
- List some controls vCloud Director uses to secure networks.
- Describe how to scale vCloud Director to large environments
Cost Analysis and Reporting (6 topics)
- Summarize the function of each of the vCenter Chargeback architectural components
- Describe the basic workflow of using vCenter Chargeback in a vCloud infrastructure
- Recognize which resources vCenter Chargeback meters
- Name the components of a cost model
- Describe how cost models are used to generate reports
- Locate additional vCloud resources