Mac OS X Lion 10.7 Support Essentials
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
OS X Lion Support Essentials is a three-day, hands-on course that provides an in-depth exploration of troubleshooting on OS X Lion. This course is designed to give you a tour of the breadth of functionality of OS X Lion and the best methods for effectively supporting users of OS X Lion systems. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
Who is this course for?
- Help desk specialists, technical coordinators, service technicians, and others who support Mac users.
- Technical support personnel in businesses that use Macs.
- Technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of computers running OS X such as teachers and technology specialists who manage networks or computer labs.
What you will learn:
- The troubleshooting process and how to become more efficient with available tools and resources.
- OS X 10. Lion features in depth, including how to find additional information.
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Support Professional certification.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installation (8 topics)
- Prepare and partition the drive
- Install OS X Lion
- Use the installer log files to verify a successful
- Configure OS X Lion with the Setup Assistant
- Update software with Software Update
- and Installer
- Tips and techniques for troubleshooting an installation problem
User Accounts (4 topics)
- Create and manage user accounts
- Create and manage administrator accounts
- Locate directory
- Attributes, security, password selection, Keychain, and FileVault
File Systems (4 topics)
- File systems supported by OS X Lion
- File and directory ownership and permissions
- Disk Utility and file repair
- Using the command line for file management
Data Management (10 topics)
- The root volume
- File system layout
- File types unique to OS X Lion (i.e., resource forks and packages)
- File archives
- Disk images
- Archiving and restoring data with Time Machine Managing backup data
- How to access the data outside of Time Machine
Applications and Processes (5 topics)
- Applications supported in OS X Lion
- Applications created with different developer APIs The UNIX concept of a process
- The relationship of processes and applications, tools to monitoring and managing processes Application preferences
- Boot Camp
Network Configuration (7 topics)
- Basic networking configuration
- TCP/IP networking
- Multiple network connections
- Appropriate use of network locations
- Isolating and troubleshooting network elements
Network Services (11 topics)
- Connecting to common network resources
- Network Users accounts with Directory Services
- AFP, SMB, SSH, FTP, and WebDAV connections Bonjour
- The network browser
- Isolating client software issues from network issues.
- Enabling network services on a OS X Lion client Peer-to-peer collaboration
- Sharing files between Macs and Windows
- Sharing web documents, screen sharing
- Techniques to isolate server issues from client and network issues
Peripherals and Printing (8 topics)
- Connecting peripherals to a Mac
- Device drivers for common peripherals
- Managing printers
- Print-job management
- Printer PPDs and PDF workflow
- Techniques for isolating cabling, driver, or application issues.
System Startup (4 topics)
- Troubleshooting boot issues with a Mac at startup Phases of the startup process
- Which part of the system is active during each phase
- Issues that can arise
- Automatic process launching with launchd and login window startup items