Final Cut Pro X: Hotshot
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Final Cut Pro X is a revolutionary video editing application that makes it possible for beginners and seasoned professionals to achieve stunning results. This three-day, hands-on course teaches hard-to-find advanced editing and finishing techniques. Learn how to create fantastic effects using filters creatively, color correct like a pro, and create complex audio mixes. This course also covers advanced workflows for managing media, including using Compressor.
What you will learn:
- Working with Compound Clips and auditions.
- Organizing projects with advanced Metadata techniques.
- Targeting specific areas to color correct with shape and color masks.
- Finetuning clips in the timeline with the Precision Editor.
- Working with Compressor.
- Creating custom effects and transitions.
- Finishing and final output.
This class is designed for those who already have a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro X and who want to increase their skills by learning advanced features and efficient workflows.
Overview of Editing Basics (3 topics)
- Review of Basic Editing Techniques
- 3-point Editing Rule
- Track Targeting
Advanced Editing Techniques (3 topics)
- Smart Clip Loading
- Using Match Frame
- Using Replace Edit and Ganging Playheads
Trimming Basics (3 topics)
- Basic Rippling
- Basic Rolling Extend Edit
- Splitting Edits
Advanced Trimming (5 topics)
- Trimming from the Keyboard
- Trim Edit Window
- Dynamic Trimming
- Multi-track Trimming
- Asymmetrical Trimming
Audio Editing (5 topics)
- Adjusting Levels on the Fly
- Adjust Levels Dialog
- Applying Normalization Gain
- Using Audio Filters- sending to Soundtrack Pro
- Using the Audio Mixer Window
Multicam Editing (7 topics)
- Basic Multicamera Edits
- Working with Multiple Angles
- Editing Audio and Video Separately
- Collapsing and Un-collapsing Multiclips
- Match-framing Multiclips
- Applying Effects to Multiclips
- Multiclips and External Video
Compositing in Final Cut Pro (3 topics)
- Basic Compositing Review
- Creating Travel Mattes
- Adding Graphics from a Layered Photoshop File Keyframing Basics and Keyframing in the timeline
Mastering Filters (7 topics)
- Customizing Filters
- Understanding Filter Order
- Filter Timing
- Limiting Filter Effects
- Creating Favoirte Filters
- Hiding and showing Filter Controls
- Working with Smoothcam
Nesting Sequences (8 topics)
- Understanding Nested Sequences
- Using Basic Nesting
- Nesting in Place
- Working Around Render Order
- Mixing Sequence Sizes
- Nesting as an Editing Tool
- Nesting Master Filters
Preparing for Finishing (7 topics)
- Nesting Sequences
- Unnesting Sequences
- Adding Widescreen mattes
- Adding BITC
- Managing Audio Outputs
- Using the Media Manager
- Exporting EDLs and XML Files
Troubleshooting Tips (3 topics)
- Fixing Screen Direction Errors
- Stealing Audio from Another Shot
- Removing a Boom
Outputting (7 topics)
- Sharing to Apple Devices
- Sharing to DVD and BluRay
- Sharing for the Web
- Using Compressor
- Outputting Audio
- Exporting Still Frames
- Exporting QuickTime Movies
Students should have the following prerequisite knowledge prior to attending the course:
- Knowledge of Mac OS X and basic computer navigation is required.
- Thorough knowledge of editing terminology is highly recommended.
- Ideally, students will have attended an FCP Rookie course.
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .