Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric v4.0
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Fabric v4.0 is a 5-day course for those who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 Switch, and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender. The course covers the key components and procedures needed to install, configure, manage, and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 Switches in the network and SAN environment.
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Engineers
- Systems Engineers
- Consulting Systems Engineers
- Technical Solutions Architects
- Cisco Integrators
- Partners who sell, implement, and maintain Cisco Nexus products in the data center
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network Designers
- Network Administrators
- Network Managers responsible for identifying and managing Cisco Nexus products in the data center
Delegates will learn how to:
- Identify the Cisco Nexus product family, specifically the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch chassis and components, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Switch, and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender
- Install the Cisco Nexus products in a Cisco Data Center Business Advantage environment
- Given a requirement, identify how to plan and implement virtual device contexts into the solution
- Evaluate the security features available on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch to identify which features should be implemented into a solution
- Evaluate and configure the Connectivity Management Processor on the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch and identify the management options available
- Evaluate the service-level and network-level high availability of the Cisco Nexus switches and how to use the Cisco IOS In-Service Software Upgrade feature
- Discuss the Fibre Channel protocol including Fibre Channel addressing, flow control, and zoning
- Translate a given design into an implementation plan for configuring Fibre Channel over Ethernet on the Cisco Nexus switch
- Understand the processes, tools, and resources for troubleshooting the data center infrastructure, interconnectivity, and operations
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Cisco Nexus Product Overview (6 topics)
- Identify the Cisco Nexus product family, specifically the Cisco Nexus 7000 Switch chassis and components, the Cisco Nexus 5000 Switch, and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender.
- Lesson 1: Identifying the Cisco Data Center Business Advantage Architecture
- Lesson 2: Identifying Cisco Nexus Products
- Lesson 3: Identifying the Cisco Unified Fabric Solution
- Lesson 4: Integrating Services
Cisco Nexus Switch Feature Configuration (7 topics)
- Select and configure the distinctive Cisco Nexus Series switch features to meet the implementation requirements and expectations in the Cisco Business Advantage Data Center Architecture.
- Lesson 1: Configuring Virtual Device Contexts
- Lesson 2: Configuring Layer 2 Switching Features
- Lesson 3: Configuring Port Channels
- Lesson 4: Configuring Layer 3 Switching Features
- Lesson 5: Configuring IP Multicast
Cisco Nexus Switch Advanced Feature Configuration (5 topics)
- Configure advanced features such as OTV, security, and quality of service.
- Lesson 1: Configuring Security Features
- Lesson 2: Understanding Overlay Transport Virtualization
- Lesson 3: Implementing Quality of Service
Cisco Nexus Series Switch Management (5 topics)
- Identify which management tools are available for the Cisco Nexus Series switches and how to configure the relevant management tool to support the given design.
- Lesson 1: Using the Connectivity Management Processor
- Lesson 2: Configuring User Management
- Lesson 3: Understanding System Management
Redundancy on Cisco Nexus Switches (4 topics)
- Implement the required redundancy features to support the design requirements.
- Lesson 1: Understanding High Availability and Redundancy
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco FabricPath
Fibre Channel over Ethernet (5 topics)
- Understand the Fibre Channel protocol, the FCoE protocol, and the Data Center Bridging enhancements.
- Lesson 1: Understanding Fibre Channel Protocol
- Lesson 2: Understanding FCoE Protocol
- Lesson 3: Identifying Data Center Bridging Ethernet Enhancements
Fibre Channel over Ethernet Configuration (6 topics)
- Configure the Cisco Nexus 5000 and 5500 Switches to support the FCoE protocol.
- Lesson 1: Implementing FCoE
- Lesson 2: Configuring SAN Switching Features
- Lesson 3: Configuring NPV Mode
- Lesson 4: Using SAN Management Tools
Troubleshooting on Cisco Nexus Switches (4 topics)
- Understand the troubleshooting process and tools on the Cisco Nexus switches.
- Lesson 1: Troubleshooting the Data Center Infrastructure
- Lesson 2: Troubleshooting Tools and Resources
DCUFI v4.0 Labs (11 topics)
- Lab 2-1: Configuring Layer 2 Switching
- Lab 2-2: Configuring vPCs
- Lab 2-3: Configuring Layer 3 Switching
- Lab 3-1: Configuring Security Features
- Lab 3-2: Configuring OTV
- Lab 3-3: Configuring QoS
- Lab 4-1: Configuring System Management
- Lab 4-2: Implementing Cisco DCNM
- Lab 5-1: Configuring Cisco FabricPath
- Lab 7-1: Configuring Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Lab 7-2: Configuring N_Port Virtualization
- Recommended CCNA Certification
- Good understanding of the Fibre Channel protocol and the SAN environment
- Recommended attendance of a Fibre Channel protocol class or equivalent experience
- Recommended attendance of the Implementing Cisco Storage Network Solutions (ICSNS) class or equivalent experience
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different levels of discounts are available, ranging from 5 to 50%. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Attend From Anywhere
Manchester (Oxford St)