Data Center Network Infrastructure - 1
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The goal of the DCNI-1 2.0 curriculum is to enable customers to build scalable, reliable, and intelligent Data Center networks using Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches.
This course offers Data Center-oriented content primarily focused on the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series switches, Cisco Catalyst 4900 Series top-of-rack switches, and to a lesser degree also on the Blade switches. This is one of six courses and exams that support the Advanced Data Center Networking Infrastructure partner specialziation.
Cisco Data Center Networking Infrastructure-1 (DCNI-1) is a 5-day hands on training that teaches you how to implement an enterprise Data Center routing and switching infrastructure with Cisco Catalyst 6500 and 4900 platforms. This course covers a wide range of advanced features, focusing on the Catalyst 6500 platform. Topics covered include Virtual Switch Services (VSS), IOS Software Modularity, advanced QoS, the Embedded Event Manager (EEM) and other automated diagnostics tools. You will also learn how to deploy integrated security and network management services with the Catalyst 6500 Series Firewall Services Module (FWSM) and Network Analysis Module (NAM). Lastly, you will learn how to configure the Catalyst 6500 and 4900 for high availability.
This course is designed for Network Field Engineers who are already capable of implementing and optimizing basic Layer 2 and Layer 3 services using Cisco IOS and the Cisco Catalyst switching platform.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Implementing the Catalyst 6500 , 4900 and Blade Switches (12 topics)
- Describing the Catalyst 6500 and 4900 Data Center Architecture
- Describing the Options and Hardware Available for the Catalyst 6500 and 4900 Series Switches
- Describing the Catalyst 6500 Series Switch Supervisors
- Implementing VSS
- Upgrading IOS on Catalyst 6500 and 4900 Series Switches
- Upgrading IOS Using Software Modularity
- Implementing NetFlow
- Implementing QoS
- Implementing EEM
- Utilising Automated Diagnostics
- Implementing SPAN, RSPAN, and ERSPAN
- Describing the Cisco Blade Switch Family
Implementing FWSM for a Data Center Network Infrastructure (7 topics)
- Implementing Traffic Flows
- Implementing Management Access
- Implementing ACLs
- Implementing Contexts
- Implementing Routing
- Implementing Failover
- Implementing Deep Packet Inspection
Implementing Network Analysis with NAM (3 topics)
- Implementing Initial Configuration
- Implementing Collection Mechanisms
- Monitoring, Viewing, and Saving Data
Implementing High Availability Data Center Features (4 topics)
- Implementing HA Features in the Catalyst 6500 Series Switch
- Implementing HA Features in the Catalyst 4900 Series Switch
- Implementing Stateful Switchover
- Implementing Non-Stop Forwarding