Managing Successful Programmes - MSP Practitioner
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please note: All delegates booking this course will need to purchase a copy of the new 2011 MSP Manual.
This is available to buy – ISBN number: 9780113313273
This two-day course provides participants with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner level examination, allowing participants to attempt the practitioner examination thoroughly prepared.
The course includes the MSP practitioner examination Please note that it is a prerequisite pass the Foundation exam before attempting the Practitioner exam.
By undertaking this learning and passing the MSP Practitioner exam, delegates will show their application of theory in running a programme. By the end of this learning, delegates will have the skills to be able to:
Identify and document the vision of a programme, thus aligning it to the strategic aims of the business
Coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management
Interface the programme with the day to day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity
Ensure that the benefits that the programme was designed to deliver are achieved.
Delivered by fully accredited trainers and industry leading experts with extensive experience of using MSP, the course includes examples of the practitioner exam and walk through exercises of how to analyse and attempt the questions in them.
This course will enable delegates to:
- Understand the examination requirements of the MSP practitioner examination
- Analyse the questions in the examination
- Analyse the scenario given to gain the most information from it
- Manage their time within the examination
- Understand the principles and structure of MSP.
Who is this course for?
- Delegates must have passed the MSP foundation examination.
- Delegates should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
- Equally, anyone wishing to attain industry-leading programme management qualifications should attend these courses
Course pre-reading and preparation
Delegates will be provided with pre-course reading material by email two weeks prior to attending the course. This pre-reading provides a mixture of theory, sample questions and application of MSP to a programme situation. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials so it is recommended that delegates spend approximately 10 hours working through the pre-reading.
If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact us.
Accreditations and exams
The MSP Practitioner examination takes place at the end of the course, usually on the morning of the last day. The MSP Practitioner exam consists of:
- 8 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 80 marks
- “Objective Test Examination” format – a style of complex multiple-choice examination.
- 2 and a half hours duration
- Delegates may use their official MSP manual: “Managing Successful Programmes” only
- Candidates require a minimum of 40 marks (50%) to pass
Please note that candidates must pass the Foundation exam before attempting the Practitioner exam.
By successfully passing the Practitioner exam, delegates attain ‘Registered Practitioner’ status
Delegates must bring photographic identification with them on exam days (passport, driving license, work pass or student card) as it is an examination requirement to produce it for the invigilator prior to the exam. Failure to produce a valid form of photographic identification may result in a candidate not being able to sit the exams.
Additional work will be required during evenings consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend 2 hours each evening on these activities.
The fee does not include residential costs. Residential courses are normally held in Bournemouth.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
MSP philosophy and structure (2 topics)
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow.
The 7 MSP principles (7 topics)
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes (9 topics)
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP Transformational Flow Processes (6 topics)
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realising the benefits
- Closing a programme
Practitioner Preparation and Application of MSP (7 topics)
- In preparation for the MSP Practitioner exam, delegates will undertake:
- An explanation of mechanics of the Practitioner examination, including the different styles of question within the ""Objective Test Examination" format
- Examination techniques
- Mock Practitioner questions on the application of MSP, using official sample exam papers
- Question and answer session
- Revision of major topics
Delegates must have passed the MSP foundation examination.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
Leeds (City Exchange)
08-09 15-16 22-23 29-30
Manchester (Oxford St)
Virtual Classroom (Virtual On-Line)
01-02 08-09 15-16 29-30