Oracle Database 12c R2: Introduction to SQL
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please note that Oracle courses running at London training centres are subject to a 10% surcharge.
Understanding the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers. This course helps the participants to write subqueries, combine multiple queries into a single query using SET operators and report aggregated data using group functions. Controlling privileges at the object and system level are also dealt with in detail.
This course covers creating indexes and constraints, and altering existing schema objects. Additionally, participants learn how to create and query external tables. In order to query and manipulate data within the database, to use the dictionary views to retrieve metadata and create reports about their schema objects, participants get to understand the advanced features of SQL. Some of the date-time functions available in the Oracle Database are also covered. This course also discusses how to use the regular expression support in SQL.
- Understand the basic concepts of relational databases ensure refined code by developers.
- Create reports of sorted and restricted data.
- Run data manipulation statements (DML).
- Control database access to specific objects.
- Manage schema objects.
- Manage objects with data dictionary views.
- Retrieve row and column data from tables.
- Control privileges at the object and system level.
- Create indexes and constraints; alter existing schema objects.
- Create and query external tables.
Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either dual monitors or single monitor plus a tablet device.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Introduction to Oracle Database (6 topics)
- List the features of Oracle Database 11g
- Discuss the basic design, theoretical, and physical aspects of a relational database
- Categorize the different types of SQL statements
- Describe the data set used by the course
- Log on to the database using SQL Developer environment
- Save queries to files and use script files in SQL Developer
Retrieve Data using the SQL SELECT Statement (8 topics)
- List the capabilities of SQL SELECT statements
- Generate a report of data from the output of a basic SELECT statement
- Select All Columns
- Select Specific Columns
- Use Column Heading Defaults
- Use Arithmetic Operators
- Understand Operator Precedence
- Learn the DESCRIBE command to display the table structure
Learn to Restrict and Sort Data (6 topics)
- Write queries that contain a WHERE clause to limit the output retrieved
- List the comparison operators and logical operators that are used in a WHERE clause
- Describe the rules of precedence for comparison and logical operators
- Use character string literals in the WHERE clause
- Write queries that contain an ORDER BY clause to sort the output of a SELECT statement
- Sort output in descending and ascending order
Usage of Single-Row Functions to Customize Output (5 topics)
- Describe the differences between single row and multiple row functions
- Manipulate strings with character function in the SELECT and WHERE clauses
- Manipulate numbers with the ROUND, TRUNC, and MOD functions
- Perform arithmetic with date data
- Manipulate dates with the DATE functions
Invoke Conversion Functions and Conditional Expressions (5 topics)
- Describe implicit and explicit data type conversion
- Use the TO_CHAR, TO_NUMBER, and TO_DATE conversion functions
- Nest multiple functions
- Apply the NVL, NULLIF, and COALESCE functions to data
- Use conditional IF THEN ELSE logic in a SELECT statement
Aggregate Data Using the Group Functions (3 topics)
- Use the aggregation functions to produce meaningful reports
- Divide the retrieved data in groups by using the GROUP BY clause
- Exclude groups of data by using the HAVING clause
Display Data From Multiple Tables Using Joins (3 topics)
- Write SELECT statements to access data from more than one table
- View data that generally does not meet a join condition by using outer joins
- Join a table to itself by using a self join
Use Sub-queries to Solve Queries (4 topics)
- Describe the types of problem that sub-queries can solve
- Define sub-queries
- List the types of sub-queries
- Write single-row and multiple-row sub-queries
The SET Operators (3 topics)
- Describe the SET operators
- Use a SET operator to combine multiple queries into a single query
- Control the order of rows returned
Data Manipulation Statements (6 topics)
- Describe each DML statement
- Insert rows into a table
- Change rows in a table by the UPDATE statement
- Delete rows from a table with the DELETE statement
- Save and discard changes with the COMMIT and ROLLBACK statements
- Explain read consistency
Use of DDL Statements to Create and Manage Tables (6 topics)
- Categorize the main database objects
- Review the table structure
- List the data types available for columns
- Create a simple table
- Decipher how constraints can be created at table creation
- Describe how schema objects work
Other Schema Objects (5 topics)
- Create a simple and complex view
- Retrieve data from views
- Create, maintain, and use sequences
- Create and maintain indexes
- Create private and public synonyms
Control User Access (8 topics)
- Differentiate system privileges from object privileges
- Create Users
- Grant System Privileges
- Create and Grant Privileges to a Role
- Change Your Password
- Grant Object Privileges
- How to pass on privileges?
- Revoke Object Privileges
Management of Schema Objects (8 topics)
- Add, Modify, and Drop a Column
- Add, Drop, and Defer a Constraint
- How to enable and Disable a Constraint?
- Create and Remove Indexes
- Create a Function-Based Index
- Perform Flashback Operations
- Create an External Table by Using ORACLE_LOADER and by Using ORACLE_DATAPUMP
- Query External Tables
Manage Objects with Data Dictionary Views (8 topics)
- Explain the data dictionary
- Use the Dictionary Views
- USER_OBJECTS and ALL_OBJECTS Views
- Table and Column Information
- Query the dictionary views for constraint information
- Query the dictionary views for view, sequence, index and synonym information
- Add a comment to a table
- Query the dictionary views for comment information
Manipulate Large Data Sets (8 topics)
- Use Subqueries to Manipulate Data
- Retrieve Data Using a Subquery as Source
- Insert Using a Subquery as a Target
- Usage of the WITH CHECK OPTION Keyword on DML Statements
- List the types of Multitable INSERT Statements
- Use Multitable INSERT Statements
- Merge rows in a table
- Track Changes in Data over a period of time
Data Management in different Time Zones (8 topics)
- Time Zones
- CURRENT_DATE, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP, and LOCALTIMESTAMP
- Compare Date and Time in a Session's Time Zone
- DBTIMEZONE and SESSIONTIMEZONE
- Difference between DATE and TIMESTAMP
- INTERVAL Data Types
- Use EXTRACT, TZ_OFFSET and FROM_TZ
- Invoke TO_TIMESTAMP,TO_YMINTERVAL and TO_DSINTERVAL
Retrieve Data Using Sub-queries (8 topics)
- Multiple-Column Subqueries
- Pairwise and Nonpairwise Comparison
- Scalar Subquery Expressions
- Solve problems with Correlated Subqueries
- Update and Delete Rows Using Correlated Subqueries
- The EXISTS and NOT EXISTS operators
- Invoke the WITH clause
- The Recursive WITH clause
- Familiarity with data processing concepts and techniques
- Data processing
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.
|Later scheduled dates may be available for this course.|