Stepping up to Management (3 day)
Book Now - 3 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Congratulations on your new role!
Understandably you want to hit the ground running but may feel unsure how to do a really great job. Many people in your situation feel the same way.
Common concerns we hear include:
- How will I know what to focus on to be a successful manager?
- How will I build trust with my new team?
- How will I get the best out of individuals and produce a high performing team?
- How will I know I am doing a good job?
Management positions often come with little guidance.
This highly interactive workshop uses tried and tested approaches to give managers the essential skills they need.
We want to help you make your new role a success.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Use essential management tools to achieve great results
- Engage, motivate and develop your team
- Avoid the potential traps you could fall into
- Recognise and overcome likely challenges you will face
- Identify opportunities for quick wins
- Demonstrate what effective management looks, sounds and feels like
This course is aimed at those aspiring or new to a supervisory or first line management role. Managers who have been in post for up to 12 months but have had no formal training will also benefit.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Topics (12 topics)
- Leadership versus management
- Stages of team development
- Team roles
- Building trust
- Styles of leadership
- How people learn
- The manager's role in learning
- What motivates people
- Goal and objective setting
- Delivering effective feedback
- The transition curve
- Two in-depth case studies to test learning
Delegates will be required to complete a mandatory online Belbin® assessment and to capture their thoughts on being a manager prior to attending the workshop.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.