Implementing, Troubleshooting and Maintaining a MS Exchange Server 2007 Infrastructure
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Virtual Onsite
This five-day instructor-led course will teach students who are new to Exchange Server how to configure and manage a messaging environment in accordance with technical requirements, provide messaging specialists with the knowledge and skills needed to manage messaging and connection security, and recover Exchange mailboxes and servers in a variety of disaster scenarios. This course combines content from 3 separate Microsoft courses, with the content covered as follows:
Days 1-3 (M5047): on these days delegates will learn how to install Exchange Server 2007 and manage routing, client access, and the backup and restore of databases, manage addressing and recipient objects such as mailboxes, distribution groups and contacts.
Day 4 (M5049): this day provides delegates with the knowledge and skills to manage messaging security and policies. Students will learn how to manage messaging and connection security
Day 5 (M5050): this day provides delegates with the knowledge and skills specialists need to recover Exchange mailboxes and servers in a variety of disaster scenarios.
- Describe how Exchange Server 2007 and Active Directory work together.
- Install Exchange Server 2007 & Configure Mailbox Server roles.
- Manage recipient objects, e-mail and address lists.
- Manage client access & Manage Messaging Transport.
- Manage anti-spam and antivirus features.
- Configure edge transport servers
- Implement messaging policies
- Recover messaging databases.
- Prepare for and recover from Mailbox & Non-Mailbox server failures.
- Manage availability, backup and recovery.
- Maintain the message system, anti-spam and antivirus features.
- Configure edge transport servers & Implement messaging policies
- Recover messaging databases.
- Prepare for and recover from Mailbox & non-Mailbox server failures.
This course is intended for IT and help desk professionals, wanting to learn about Exchange 2007, including enterprise-level messaging administrators with at least 3 years experience working in the Information Technology field, including administering Exchange Servers. Administrators should have some experience with Exchange Server 2007.
The timings on this course are approximate and will vary depending on the delegates attending, this event uses Microsoft Official Courseware
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of Exchange and Active Directory (2 topics)
- Review of Active Directory
- Intro to the Integration of Active Directory & Exchange Server 2007
Installing Exchange Server 2007 (3 topics)
- Intro to the Exchange Server 2007 Server Roles
- Installing Exchange Server 2007
- Completing the Exchange Server 2007 Installation
Configuring Mailbox Server Roles (3 topics)
- Overview of Exchange Server 2007
- Implementing Mailbox Server Roles
- Managing Public Folder Databases
Managing Recipient Objects (3 topics)
- Managing Mailboxes
- Managing Other Recipients
- Overview of Managing Public Folders
Managing E-Mail Addresses & Address Lists (3 topics)
- Configuring E-Mail Address Policies
- Configuring Address Lists
- Overview of Bulk Recipient Tasks
Managing Client Access (4 topics)
- Implementing Client Access Servers
- Implementing Client Access Features
- Implementing Outlook Web Access
- Intro to Implementing Mobile Messaging
Configuring Edge Transport Servers (3 topics)
- Intro to AV & Anti-Spam Management
- Implementing Anti-spam Features
- Implementing Antivirus Features
Implementing Messaging Policies (3 topics)
- Intro to Messaging Policy & Compliance
- Implementing Messaging Records Management
- Implementing Transport Rules
Recovering Messaging Databases (2 topics)
- Overview of Database Recovery Scenarios
- Recovering a Messaging Database Using Dial-Tone Recovery
Preparing for and Recovering from Mailbox Server Failures (2 topics)
- Preparing for a Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Mailbox Servers
Preparing for and Recovering from Non-Mailbox Server Failures (2 topics)
- Preparing for a Non-Mailbox Server Recovery
- Recovering Non-Mailbox Servers
- Working knowledge of malware.
- Conceptual understanding of firewalls
- Working knowledge of how PKI is managed in the directory.
- Experience using these tools & applications:
- NTBackup & NSLookup command
- Windows Explorer
- Microsoft Management Console (MMC)
- Active Directory Users and Computers
- Active Directory Sites and Services
- Internet Information Services (IIS) Admin
- Working knowledge of Windows server operating system
- Working knowledge of network technologies.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Conceptual understanding of e-mail technologies. Post Office Protocol (POP), Internet Access Message Protocol (IMAP), SMTP).