Junos Intrusion prevention System Functionality
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This two-day course is designed to provide an introduction to the Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) feature set available on the Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateway. The course covers concepts, ideas, and terminology relating to providing intrusion prevention using the SRX Series platform. Hands-on labs offer students the opportunity to configure various IPS features and to test and analyze those functions. This course is based on the Junos operating system Release 10.4R1.
Target Audience: This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring the IPS aspects of SRX Series devices.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe general types of intrusions and network penetration steps.
- Describe how to access the SRX Series Services Gateways with IPS functionality for configuration and management.
- Configure the SRX Series Services Gateways for IPS functionality.
- Define and describe terminology which comprises Juniper Networks IPS functionality.
- Describe the steps that the IPS engine takes when inspecting packets.
- Describe the components of IPS rules and rulebases.
- Explain the types of signature-based attacks.
- Describe the uses of custom signatures and how to configure them.
- Explain how scanning can be used to gather information about target networks.
- Configure screens to block various scan types.
- Describe commonly used evasion techniques and how to block them.
- Describe denial of service (DoS) and distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
- Explain the mechanisms available on the SRX Series device to detect and block DoS and DDoS attacks.
- Configure screens to block DoS and DDoS attacks.
- Describe the reporting capabilities available for IPS functionality.
- Explain the terms and concepts related to intrusion prevention.
- Describe the basic functions and features available on the SRX Series platform that provide IPS functionality.
- Configure fundamental IPS features and functions on an SRX240 device.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Overview of IPS Functionality (5 topics)
- Reasons for Network Attacks
- Categories of Attacks
- Anatomy of an Attack
- IPS Mechanisms on SRX Series Devices
- Lab 1: Initial Configuration
Initial Device Configuration (5 topics)
- Deployment Options for IPS Functionality
- Management Options
- Network Settings
- Preparing the SRX Series Device for IPS Features
- Lab 2: Initial IDP Setup
IPS Terminology and Concepts (13 topics)
- Terminology Overview
- Attack Objects
- IPS Rulebase Details
- Rule Match Conditions
- Rule Actions
- Terminal Rules
- IP Actions
- Terminology Review
- IPS Traffic Flow
- Lab 3: Examining and Modifying the Recommended Policy
- Lab 4: Exempt Rulebase
- Lab 5: Rule Actions
IPS Attack Objects (4 topics)
- IPS Rules and Rulebases
- Attack Objects
- Custom Signatures
- Lab 6: Custom Signatures
Scanning and Reconnaissance (4 topics)
- Overview of Scanning
- Types of Scans
- IPS Scan Prevention
Blocking Evasion Techniques and Denial of Service (7 topics)
- FIN Scans
- IP Spoofing
- IP Source Routing Options
- DoS and DDoS Attacks
- Mechanisms for Blocking DoS and DDoS
- Lab 7: Detecting Evasion Attempts
- Lab 8: Denial of Service
Reporting (2 topics)
- NSM Reports
- Junos Syslog and Operational Commands
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System
This 3-day course provides a technical overview of the JUNOS Operating System.
JUNOS for Security Platforms
This 5-day course provides the skills required for configuring, operating and implementing JUNOS security platforms.
JUNOS Routing Essentials
This 1-day course provides an overview of routing in relation to JUNOS SoftwareScheduled Online Onsite