AppSense - Specialist Course: AppSense Enviroment Manager vB
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Appsense - Specialist Course: Advanced concepts, configuration, troubleshooting and monitoring of Appsense Enviroment Manager vB
This two-day instructor-led course provides the necessary techniques to install, perform advanced configuration and monitor user virtualization solutions using the AppSense Environment Manager product in enterprise environments. Formal instructor-led training quickly gets the delegate familiar with the two components of AppSense Environment Manager, policy and personalization.
This course prepares administrators to perform AppSense Environment Manager installations and advanced administrative tasks.
This is the AppSense Specialist curriculum and will serve as the entry point for the AppSense Architect courses. This also contains the subject matter for the AppSense Specialist exam.
Target Audience: IT Professionals, Senior Consultants and Senior Systems Administrators wishing to become AppSense consultants. They will be interested in configuring, installing, troubleshooting and monitoring AppSense Environment Manager in enterprise environments, or taking exams to prove his or her knowledge/skills/experience related to AppSense technologies.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Understand and implement the functionality of each component of the AppSense Environment Manager product, identifying where and when they should be implemented.
- Understand and implement the security mechanisms used to install, configure and monitor AppSense Environment Manager including the accounts needed to maintain the EM SQL databases.
- Understand and implement the AppSense Management Center to deploy configurations and agents & 3rd party alternatives for agent deployment.
- Implement an enterprise wide deployment system to deliver and maintain AppSense software from a single (or multiple) console.
- Understand the functionality and implementation methods used in troubleshooting AppSense Environment Manager policies.
- How to enable AppSense Environment Manager personalization and create custom configurations to enable application personalization virtualization.
- Configure AppSense Environment Manager for use with App-V Applications.
- Gain visibility of personalization activity and use remediation tools such as ‘profile roll-back’.
- Implement application lockdown to remove unwanted functionality such as menu items and other components from the OS and application user interface.
- Implement a complete profile management solution.
- Understand and implement Self Healing.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Installing AppSense Management Center (9 topics)
- AppSense Environment Manager
- Introduction to AppSense Management Center
- AppSense Management Center components
- The Client Communications Agent
- Installing the servers
- Server communications
- Failover server configuration
- Checking the install
- Upgrading from V7 to V8
AppSense Environment Manager Components (5 topics)
- AppSense Environment Manager client installation and components
- AppSense Environment Manager (EM) console
- IIS server architecture
- SQL database
- Capacity planning and high availability options
AppSense Environment Manager Policy (14 topics)
- Planning the policy
- Nodes & execution order
- Conditions-native and custom
- Actions-native and custom
- Library nodes - Reusable nodes & conditions
- ODBC settings
- Virtualized environment
- Configuring EM for use with Office
- Using policy templates
- Configuration profiler
- Self Healing & Lockdown
AppSense Environment Manager Personalization (9 topics)
- Enabling user personalization
- How user personalization works
- User personalization console
- Personalization of desktop settings, global includes and excludes
- Personalization of applications
- Blacklists and whitelists
- Application groups & personalization groups
- Personalization analysis & rollback
- Windows 7 migration
Troubleshooting & Debugging (11 topics)
- Installation troubleshooting
- Basic health checking
- Management server troubleshooting
- SQL& IIS troubleshooting
- CCA troubleshooting
- Policy troubleshooting
- Personalization troubleshooting
- Log files / debugging
- AppSense support script
- Raising a support call
- AppSense Environment Manager log files
- Understanding user profiles (v1 and v2).
- Understanding of networking.
- Understanding of Windows operating systems.
- Understanding of the registry.
- Understanding of security best practices. For example, file system permissions, authentication methods, Kerberos etc.
- Hands-on experience with: IIS SQL Registry
- Attendance of 3 day AppSense Professional level course.