Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the tools required for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Layer 3 components in an enterprise network. Detailed coverage of OSPF, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), class of service (CoS), and multicast is strongly emphasized. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs , students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations.
Target Audience: This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the various OSPF link-state advertisement (LSA) types.
- Explain the flooding of LSAs in an OSPF network.
- Describe the shortest-path-first (SPF) algorithm.
- Describe OSPF area types and operations.
- Configure various OSPF area types.
- Summarize and restrict routes.
- Identify scenarios requiring routing policy or a specific configuration option.
- Describe basic BGP operation.
- List common BGP attributes.
- Explain the route selection process for BGP.
- Describe how to alter the route selection process.
- Configure some advanced options for BGP peers.
- Describe various BGP attributes in detail.
- Manipulate BGP attributes using routing policy.
- Describe common routing policies used in the enterprise environment.
- Explain how attribute modifications affect routing decisions.
- Implement a routing policy for inbound and outbound traffic using BGP.
- Describe IP multicast traffic flow.
- Identify the components of IP multicast.
- Explain how IP multicast addressing works.
- Describe the need for reverse path forwarding (RPF) in multicast.
- Explain the role of Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and describe the available IGMP versions.
- Configure and monitor IGMP.
- Identify common multicast routing protocols.
- Describe rendezvous point (RP) discovery options.
- Configure and monitor Protocol Independent Multicast–Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).
- Configure and monitor RP discovery mechanisms.
- Describe the basic requirements, benefits, and caveats of source-specific multicast (SSM).
- List the address ranges used for SSM.
- Illustrate the role of Internet Group Management Protocol version 3 (IGMPv3) and PIM-SM in an SSM implementation.
- Configure and monitor SSM.
- Identify environments that might require a modified CoS implementation.
- Describe the various CoS components and their respective functions .
- Describe the various CoS components and their respective functions.
- Explain the CoS processing along with CoS defaults on SRX Series Services Gateways devices .
- Describe situations when some CoS features are used in the enterprise.
- Implement some CoS features in an enterprise environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
OSPF (5 topics)
- OSPFv2 Review
- Link State Advertisements
- Protocol Operations
- OSPF Authentication
- Lab 1: Configuring and Monitoring OSPF
OSPF Areas (7 topics)
- Review of OSPF Areas
- Stub Area Operation
- Stub Area Configuration
- NSSA Operation
- NSSA Configuration
- Route Summarization
- Lab 2: Configuring and Monitoring OSPF Areas and Route Summarization
OSPF Case Studies and Solutions (5 topics)
- Transitioning to OSPF from a Different IGP
- External Reachability
- Virtual Links
- Multiarea Adjacency
- Lab 3: Configuring and Monitoring Routing Policy and Advanced OSPF Options
BGP (5 topics)
- Review of BGP
- BGP Operations
- BGP Path Selection and Options
- Configuration Options
- Lab 4: Implementing BGP
BGP Attributes and Policy (7 topics)
- BGP Policy
- Next Hop
- Origin and MED
- AS Path
- Local Preference
- Lab 5: BGP Attributes
Enterprise Routing Policies (4 topics)
- Topology-Driven Routing Policy
- Primary/Secondary Routing Policy
- Load-Shared Per Prefix Routing Policy
- Lab 6: Implementing Enterprise Routing Policies
Introduction to Multicast (4 topics)
- Overview of Multicast
- Multicast Addresses
- Reverse Path Forwarding
- Internet Group Management Protocol
Multicast Routing Protocols and SSM (5 topics)
- Overview of Multicast Routing Protocols
- Lab 7: Implementing PIM-SM
- Source-Specific Multicast
- Lab 8: Implementing SSM
Class of Service (5 topics)
- Review of CoS Components
- CoS Processing and Feature Overview
- Virtual Channels
- Lab 9: Implementing CoS Features in the Enterprise
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course.
Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System
This 3-day course provides a technical overview of the JUNOS Operating System.
Junos Layer 3 VPNs
This 3-day course provides the skills required to configure and monitor JUNOS MPLS-based Layer 3 virtual private networks.
JUNOS Intermediate Routing
This 2-day JUNOS Intermediate Routing course provides delegates with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples.Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.