Advanced Junos Enterprise Routing
Book Now - 2 Delivery Methods Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This three-day course is designed to provide students with the tools required for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Layer 3 components in an enterprise network. Detailed coverage of OSPF, Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), class of service (CoS), and multicast is strongly emphasized. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs , students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos operating system and in monitoring device and protocol operations.
Target Audience: This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
After you complete this course you will be able to:
- Describe the various OSPF link-state advertisement (LSA) types.
- Explain the flooding of LSAs in an OSPF network.
- Describe the shortest-path-first (SPF) algorithm.
- Describe OSPF area types and operations.
- Configure various OSPF area types.
- Summarize and restrict routes.
- Identify scenarios requiring routing policy or a specific configuration option.
- Describe basic BGP operation.
- List common BGP attributes.
- Explain the route selection process for BGP.
- Describe how to alter the route selection process.
- Configure some advanced options for BGP peers.
- Describe various BGP attributes in detail.
- Manipulate BGP attributes using routing policy.
- Describe common routing policies used in the enterprise environment.
- Explain how attribute modifications affect routing decisions.
- Implement a routing policy for inbound and outbound traffic using BGP.
- Describe IP multicast traffic flow.
- Identify the components of IP multicast.
- Explain how IP multicast addressing works.
- Describe the need for reverse path forwarding (RPF) in multicast.
- Explain the role of Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and describe the available IGMP versions.
- Configure and monitor IGMP.
- Identify common multicast routing protocols.
- Describe rendezvous point (RP) discovery options.
- Configure and monitor Protocol Independent Multicast–Sparse Mode (PIM-SM).
- Configure and monitor RP discovery mechanisms.
- Describe the basic requirements, benefits, and caveats of source-specific multicast (SSM).
- List the address ranges used for SSM.
- Illustrate the role of Internet Group Management Protocol version 3 (IGMPv3) and PIM-SM in an SSM implementation.
- Configure and monitor SSM.
- Identify environments that might require a modified CoS implementation.
- Describe the various CoS components and their respective functions .
- Describe the various CoS components and their respective functions.
- Explain the CoS processing along with CoS defaults on SRX Series Services Gateways devices .
- Describe situations when some CoS features are used in the enterprise.
- Implement some CoS features in an enterprise environment.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
OSPF (5 topics)
- OSPFv2 Review
- Link State Advertisements
- Protocol Operations
- OSPF Authentication
- Lab 1: Configuring and Monitoring OSPF
OSPF Areas (7 topics)
- Review of OSPF Areas
- Stub Area Operation
- Stub Area Configuration
- NSSA Operation
- NSSA Configuration
- Route Summarization
- Lab 2: Configuring and Monitoring OSPF Areas and Route Summarization
OSPF Case Studies and Solutions (5 topics)
- Transitioning to OSPF from a Different IGP
- External Reachability
- Virtual Links
- Multiarea Adjacency
- Lab 3: Configuring and Monitoring Routing Policy and Advanced OSPF Options
BGP (5 topics)
- Review of BGP
- BGP Operations
- BGP Path Selection and Options
- Configuration Options
- Lab 4: Implementing BGP
BGP Attributes and Policy (7 topics)
- BGP Policy
- Next Hop
- Origin and MED
- AS Path
- Local Preference
- Lab 5: BGP Attributes
Enterprise Routing Policies (4 topics)
- Topology-Driven Routing Policy
- Primary/Secondary Routing Policy
- Load-Shared Per Prefix Routing Policy
- Lab 6: Implementing Enterprise Routing Policies
Introduction to Multicast (4 topics)
- Overview of Multicast
- Multicast Addresses
- Reverse Path Forwarding
- Internet Group Management Protocol
Multicast Routing Protocols and SSM (5 topics)
- Overview of Multicast Routing Protocols
- Lab 7: Implementing PIM-SM
- Source-Specific Multicast
- Lab 8: Implementing SSM
Class of Service (5 topics)
- Review of CoS Components
- CoS Processing and Feature Overview
- Virtual Channels
- Lab 9: Implementing CoS Features in the Enterprise
The courses below may help you meet the knowledge level required to take this course. If you are unsure please ask a training advisor .
Introduction to the JUNOS Operating System
This 3-day course provides a technical overview of the JUNOS Operating System.
Junos Layer 3 VPNs
This 3-day course provides the skills required to configure and monitor JUNOS MPLS-based Layer 3 virtual private networks.
JUNOS Intermediate Routing
This 2-day JUNOS Intermediate Routing course provides delegates with intermediate routing knowledge and configuration examples.
Please select from the dates below to make an enquiry or booking.
Different pricing structures are available including special offers. These include early bird, late availability, multi-place, corporate volume and self-funding rates. Please arrange a discussion with a training advisor to discover your most cost effective option.