VMware View: Design Best Practices
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
This course presents a methodology for designing a VMware View solution for the VMware vSphere infrastructure. The design methodology includes recommendations for the type of information and data that must be gathered and analyzed to make sound design decisions for client systems, desktop options, the vSphere infrastructure, and View components.
VMware best practices are presented during each phase of the design process. You will work with other participants to design a View solution for a real-world project.
At the end of the course, you should understand the principles involved in designing a View solution and be able to do the following:
- Identify design goals, requirements, and constraints.
- Identify information that is required for design decisions.
- Recognize situations that benefit from best-practice recommendations.
- Use the recommended design process.
- Analyze design choices in the following areas: View Manager infrastructure ; View desktop options; vSphere infrastructure; Network infrastructure ; Client access devices ; End-user management.
- Construct a comprehensive View solution.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Course Introduction (2 topics)
- Introductions and course logistics
- Course objectives
Design Methodology (3 topics)
- General design process
- Elements of a successful View solution
- A design process for View solutions
Use-Case Definition (2 topics)
- Identifying use cases and their characteristics
- Options for collecting performance data
Pool and Desktop Design (3 topics)
- Mapping use cases to View pools
- Design decisions for pool configurations
- Configuring and optimizing virtual desktops
View Pod and Block Design (4 topics)
- Designing the access infrastructure
- Design decisions for remote display protocols
- Designing a load-balancer solution
- Designing the View infrastructure
VMware Infrastructure Design (4 topics)
- Mapping View infrastructure requirements to vSphere
- Sizing VMware ESX/ESXi hosts for CPU and memory
- Sizing configuring vCenter Server systems
- Sizing network capacity for PCoIP and RDP
Storage Design (3 topics)
- Designing the storage solution
- Sizing datastores based on capacity and performance metrics
- Deploying tiered storage for View Composer linked clones
End-User Session and Client Device Design (4 topics)
- Managing end-user personas and sessions
- Best practices for using Active Directory in a View environment
- Managing user profiles in a View environment
- Selecting client devices
- Completion of VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage or equivalent experience with VMware vSphere.
- Completion of VMware View: Install, Configure, Manage or equivalent experience with VMware View.