Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 Administration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.0 MR4 Administration ourse is designed for the network, IT security, and systems administration professional tasked with architecting, implementing, and monitoring antivirus and antispyware, as well as client firewall solutions. This class covers how to design, deploy, install, configure, and monitor Symantec Endpoint Protection. Students also learn how to create and implement client firewall, intrusion prevention, and behavioral protection policies that guard the enterprise from viruses, hackers, and spam. In addition, students learn how to troubleshoot Symantec Endpoint Protection managers and clients.
This course is for network managers, resellers, systems administrators, client security administrators, systems professionals, and consultants who are charged with the installation, configuration, and day-to-day management of Symantec Endpoint Protection in a variety of network environments, and who are responsible for troubleshooting and tuning the performance of this product in the enterprise environment.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe Symantec Endpoint Protection products, components, product dependencies, and the system hierarchy.
- Install and configure Symantec Endpoint Protection management and client components.
- Deploy Symantec Endpoint Protection clients.
- Manage the client UI.
- Manage antivirus and antispyware policies.
- Configure TruScan Proactive Threat Scans.
- Design a Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Monitor and maintain the Symantec Endpoint Protection environment.
- Configure firewall and intrusion prevention policies.
- Customize network threat protection.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection (3 topics)
- Migrating Legacy Symantec Antivirus Server and Client
- Migrating to Symantec Endpoint Protection 11.04
- Describing Other Deployment Methods
Designing a Symantec Endpoint Environment (3 topics)
- Architecture and Sizing Considerations
- Designing the Architecture
- Determining Client-to-SEPM Ratios
Content Distribution Methods (2 topics)
- SEPM and Database Sizing
- Completing the Deployment
Introduction to Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control (4 topics)
- Network Threat Protection Basics
- The Firewall
- Intrusion Prevention
- Application and Device Control
Configuring Firewall Policies (4 topics)
- Configuring Firewall Policy Elements
- Configuring Firewall Rules
- Configuring Smart Traffic Filtering
- Configuring Traffic and Stealth Settings
Managing Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) Policies (2 topics)
- Configuring IPS
- Managing Custom Signatures
Configuring Application and Device Control Policies (3 topics)
- Introducing Application and Device Control
- Creating Application and Device Control Policies
- Customizing Application and Device Control Policies
Customizing Network Threat Protection and Application and Device Control (4 topics)
- Managing Locations
- Managing Policy Components
- Configuring Application Learning
- Configuring System Lockdown
Configuring Additional Protection (2 topics)
- Configuring Tamper Protection
- Configuring Centralized Exceptions
Monitoring and Reporting (4 topics)
- Viewing Summary Data
- Viewing and Managing Logs
- Configuring and Viewing Notifications
- Creating and Viewing Reports
Performing Server and Database Management (6 topics)
- Managing Symantec Endpoint Protection Servers
- Managing Server Security
- Communicating with Other Servers
- Managing Administrators
- Managing the Database
- Disaster Recovery Techniques
Installing Additional Management Components (3 topics)
- Installing Additional LiveUpdate Servers
- Installing and Configuring the Central Quarantine
- Expanding the Management Environment