Symantec Management Platform 7.1 Administration
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Scheduled Online Onsite
The Symantec Management Platform 7.1 Administration course is designed for I.T. specialists tasked with installing, managing, and troubleshooting Symantec Management Platform. This five-day, instructor-led, hands-on class covers Symantec Management Platform installation and infrastructure, and how to create and configure key items in the Symantec Management Console, such as tasks, policies, organizational groups, targets, and filters. Students also learn how to run reports and replication, create a hierarchy, configure site servers, find and access data in the database, and apply troubleshooting techniques.
This course is for system administrators responsible for installing, configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Symantec Management Platform.
- By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Install Symantec Management Platform and Symantec Management Agent.
- Use Resource Manager to discover computers and other resources.
- Import user accounts, roles, users, computers, and other resources from Microsoft Active Directory.
- Create, manage, and administer organizational views, filters, policies, and targets.
- Set security on users and groups, and assign privileges and permissions.
- Identify and access common database tables.
- Generate custom scoped reports.
- Manage your environment using sites, site servers, and subnets.
- Design a Notification Server hierarchy.
- Run replication.
- Use tools and utilities to check the stability of the Symantec Management Platform.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
Understanding the Symantec Management Platform (6 topics)
- Introducing the Symantec Management Platform
- Learning about Symantec Management Platform
- Symantec Management Platform concepts
- How the Symantec Management Platform works
- Architecture considerations for Symantec Management Platform
Installing Symantec Management Platform (6 topics)
- Installation requirements
- Using Symantec Installation Manager
- Installing Symantec Management Platform
- Accessing the Symantec Management Console
- Configuring settings after installation
- Managing accounts
Migrating Versions of Symantec Management Platform (2 topics)
- Migrating from 6.x to 7.0
- Migrating from 7.0 to 7.1
Importing from Active Directory (5 topics)
- Importing user accounts and roles
- Importing computers and users
- Importing other resources
- Discovering computers using the Domain Browse List
- Performing Network Discovery
Symantec Management Console (2 topics)
- Getting to know the Symantec Management Console
- Getting to know the Activity Center views
Installing and Setting Up the Symantec Management Agent (4 topics)
- Understanding the Symantec Management Agent
- Installing the Symantec Management Agent
- Verifying the Symantec Management Agent installation
- Setting Symantec Management Agent installation options
Configuring Symantec Management Agent (3 topics)
- Configuring Symantec Management Agent
- Determining when to use unicast and multicast
- Installing and viewing Symantec Management Agent plugins