Upgrading to Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for UNIX and Windows
Book Now - 1 Delivery Method Available:Classroom Virtual Classroom Private Group - Virtual Self-Paced Online
This Upgrading to Symantec NetBackup 7.0 for UNIX and Windows course is designed for Symantec customers with prior NetBackup experience who are tasked with supporting environments that are upgrading from NetBackup 6.x to NetBackup 7.0 on UNIX or Windows. This two-day instructor-led offering provides details about the new features of NetBackup 7.0 and covers how to install or upgrade, configure, and administer NetBackup 7.0.
This course is for Symantec customers with prior NetBackup experience who need to learn about the effective deployment, configuration, and use of the new features in NetBackup 7.0.
After attending this course, you will be able to:
- Identify all features and changes that are new in NetBackup 7.0.
- List available reference material locations for NetBackup 7.0.
- Identify UNIX and Windows proliferation changes in NetBackup 7.0.
- Upgrade an existing UNIX NetBackup 6.x installation to NetBackup 7.0.
- Upgrade an existing Windows NetBackup 6.x installation to NetBackup 7.0.
- Use the provided tool to validate the upgrade of the NetBackup relational databases to the new SA11 format.
- Outline the layout of the new NetBackup 7.0 distribution DVDs.
- Explain how UNIX packages have been consolidated in NetBackup 7.0.
- Perform a new NetBackup 7.0 UNIX Master Server installation.
- Perform a new NetBackup 7.0 Windows Media Server installation.
- Summarize changes to the NetBackup 7.0 Agent for protection of Enterprise Vault 8.0.
- Outline how NetBackup 7.0 protects Exchange 2010, including backing up database availability groups.
- Summarize how NetBackup 7.0 protects different environments that use Hyper-V virtual machines.
- Explain how NetBackup 7.0 protects VMware environments using vStorage APIs.
- Describe the purpose of OpsCenter in NetBackup 7.0 and its basic operations.
- Summarize the steps necessary to upgrade to OpsCenter from an existing NOM or VBR installation.
- Perform the steps to install OpsCenter to operate with NetBackup 7.0.
- Navigate within OpsCenter in NetBackup 7.0.
- Summarize deduplication as it pertains to NetBackup 7.0.
- Detail the operation of NetBackup Media Server deduplication in NetBackup 7.0.
- Outline the configuration of a NetBackup Media Server Deduplication Pool.
We work with the following best of breed training partners using our bulk buying power to bring you a wider range of dates, locations and prices.
What Is New in NetBackup 7.0? (3 topics)
- Overview of changes
- List of resources
- Platform support changes
Upgrading to NetBackup 7.0 (5 topics)
- Upgrade paths and resources
- Upgrading UNIX to NetBackup 7.0
- Upgrading Windows to NetBackup 7.0
- Validating NetBackup databases
- Hands-On Lab: Upgrading to NetBackup 7.0
Installing NetBackup 7.0 (3 topics)
- Installing NetBackup 7.0 on UNIX
- Installing NetBackup 7.0 on Windows
- Hands-On Lab: Installing NetBackup 7.0
Infrastructure Change Overview (4 topics)
- New DVD layout
- UNIX package consolidation
- VSP transitioning to VSS
- LiveUpdate policies
Media Server Deduplication (6 topics)
- Deduplication overview
- NBU Media Server deduplication
- Media server deduplication pool configuration
- Monitoring deduplication
- Client-direct deduplication
- Hands-On Lab: Deduplication
Windows Application Protection Changes (2 topics)
- Enterprise Vault Agent changes
- Exchange 2010 support
Virtual Client Protection Changes (2 topics)
- Hyper-V support
- Protecting VMware environments
OpsCenter (5 topics)
- OpsCenter overview
- Upgrading existing NOM and VBR
- Installing OpsCenter
- Using the OpsCenter interface
- Hands-On Lab: OpsCenter
- NetBackup 6.0 Core (TTE) and NetBackup 6.5 Differences (TTE) or
- NetBackup 6.5 Administration Fundamentals I and II (SES)